Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
persistent check engine light - I have started seeing the same for last few days in my Alfa Romeo stelvio quadrifoglio 2018- 11k km ! My dealer will replace catalytic sensor next Friday
Hoping it does not cause any issue for my first road trip to
Quebec City from
Toronto

·
Registered
413 Posts
persistent check engine light - I have started seeing the same for last few days in my Alfa Romeo stelvio quadrifoglio 2018- 11k km ! My dealer will replace catalytic sensor next Friday
Hoping it does not cause any issue for my first road trip to
Quebec City from
Toronto
Hello Oncerups,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent CEL concern. Unfortunately due to the nature of our team we are unable to assist customers outside of the United States. If you need any potential assistance in the future, I have provided the Canadian customer care # below:
1-877-230-0563.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Super Moderator
831 Posts
for my point of view if your service center has verified that there is a problem with the components concerning the anti-pollution systems, the only problem you may have, in the event of a revision of your car, is that you do not pass the revision. for the rest, whether it is the lambda probe or other components, apart from the clogged catalysts, you can drive quietly, the engine protects itself anyway, in case of serious error it switches off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @Marzio and @ alfaromeocares for the responses ! So far that light has not shown up in last 3 days and I am
Just avoiding dynamic mode till the time catalytic sensor gets replaced next week !

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Chances are it is just a failing sensor.

No problem.

If it is more major, the engine has multiple fail safes to protect itself. If all you have is a sensor problem causing the light to come on, dont feel bad driving however you want, however much you want.

As long as the engine runs fines you have no real issues.

Anything real happens, the engine will go into failsafe mode and retard the engine power to protect itself. As long as that doesn't happen, no worries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts