Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to chip or flash the new Stelvio, does anyone have recommendations on a reputable company?

·
Registered
19 Quadrifoglio Trofeo White,black with green/white,Dynamic pack, Pano roof,Carbon wheel, Dark wheel
47 Posts
JB4 by burger tuning does a piggyback. Madness has one and Eurocompulsion has one too. I'm sure there are a couple more.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Id recommend the jb4. Makes at least as much power as the eurocompulsion flash tune and can be removed in 10 minutes without a trace for warranty work

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
It all depends on what level of tune you are getting the EC...Phase 1,2 or 3.
My tune has been in use now for almost 2 flawless years. My ECU was sent to them when they did software updates to download my files. It drives like a better stock car now. Feel free to study the tuning forum. Lots in there.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
With all due respect , even if EC Phase 2 is overrated, its adds more than than the 40whp of the jb4. I can revert to stock tune also. BTW when you do, the difference is dramatic, esp doing a 60-120 pull.

·
Registered
88 Posts
With all due respect , even if EC Phase 2 is overrated, its adds more than than the 40whp of the jb4. I can revert to stock tune also. BTW when you do, the difference is dramatic, esp doing a 60-120 pull.
It really doesn't. Datalogs and acceleration times dont lie. Theres a thread on the giulia boards that is only ec folks and in 1800 posts no one has posted better acceleration than the jb4. Try it though. Would be good to see. You have a dragy?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used the JB4 in my Mini Cooper. it worked great but for my Stelvio I went with the TDI Box and pedal tuner. Both were very easy to install, both can be removed just as easy . They work great and I have about $500 total into them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the EC stage one "N" and two "D" on my Giulia with and love it. My Stelvio is the family mobile so I hadn't planned on any tune on it, but I'm thinking about doing a tune on the Stelvio now. Some things to consider: while we can reflash to stock tunes with EC the ecu still data logs all of the flashes done and can potentially, according to the dealer, figure out that a tune was being run and invalidate the engine warranty should you have any issues. If you don't need or want some of the extras that come with a tune then a plug and play might be the safe approach.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I spent some time on the Guilia forum when I was thinking about getting a Quad. What I noticed was a CF of viewpoints. Most were folks talking about 0-60 etc. I wouldn't doubt a much better acceleration 0-60 with any method. Among other things, half those folks don't even know how to do a brake lock launch from 2500 rpms. It makes a HUGE diffeence in launch as lag is non existent.

Maybe the others are getting more power than they realize but aren't getting real numbers due to dyno limitations. I, however know how much faster my Stelvio is from 60-120 than it used to be..BTW in the heat of the summer it is definitely less potent than in the winter. To me , the EC tune is worth every penny because it is seamless smooth. It drives even more polished than it was stock. Also there is NO need for any pedal FuR uppers as they did a fabulous job dialing things in to my needs. My gut feeling is the intake, exhaust mods are optimized by EC the best. Taking 2 otherwise stock cars....not much difference to be expected. There is a definite difference between Phase 1 and 2 as anybody having their car tuned as Speedracerwon has knows. It is at high speeds you know it.

Does the JB4 tune allow you to defeat the autostop/start function?
I don't have it but the pops etc mod is cool for some.

BTW yes I am aware of the flash counters but really don't care.

Reactions: speedracerwon

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you believe EC's marketing of 390hp vs approx 335hp for JB4, the difference in times should be obvious.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you believe EC's marketing of 390hp vs approx 335hp for JB4, the difference in times should be obvious.
View attachment 19662
View attachment 19663
No one believes those numbers. Theyve never been substantiated. Their ec v2 datalogs show less boost than my jb4 on map 1. Im not suggesting theres no gain with ec v2 just not anywhere close to 390hp. Its 320-330hp just like everyone else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts