Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'm French and own a Stelvio 2.0 diesel 210 hp since July 2017.

I am very happy with this vehicle used as a family and professional.

This is my first Alfa Romeo after 25 years at BMW and Audi.

I am also a porschist for over 20 years and own a 991 Carrera S.

For me, its overall design was one of the reasons for my choice against the German SUV.

The driving pleasure, the behavior and the dynamism offered by this SUV mean that we just do not feel like driving an SUV.

3 reasons that you feel when driving:
- this SUV seems "light" for a vehicle of this category type Q5, X3, XC60, GLC. Normal, it weighs about 200kgs less than its competitors (doors, bonnet, aluminum trunk, carbon transmission).
- The Stelvio is in current use a propulsion that does not rock in 4WD in case of degraded conditions
- The direction is ultra direct (which will baffle drivers of this type of car who are not used to driving a sports car).

I had never driven an SUV that gives the impression of driving a sedan. It's bluffing.
The engine is in terms of efficiency (470Nm and 210cv) rather in the high average of what the German manufacturers offer for 4-cylinder turbo diesel.
Frankly enough for road use, family and daily.
A little noisier than my ex V6 TDI Audi but no more than the Mercedes 250d that I could try.

The ZF8 automatic gearbox is top and fits perfectly with the torque motor.
For the passage in manual, there are the huge aluminum pallets coming from Maserati.

Side quality of materials, it is a little above VW or Jaguar; close to BMW and Mercedes and slightly below Audi.
I did not notice any particular assembly problems.
Generally acceptable for a budget lower than Audi, BMW, Mercedes or Jaguar.

The indoor atmosphere is very different from what is found in a classic SUV.
It's more sporty, sober and uncluttered. It's more like a sedan than an SUV.
This bias is logical and agrees with the behavior of the car.

For infotainement, the car does the job but no more.
We are on a classic operation with controls controlled by a rotary knob and directional (non-touch).
What is surprising is that the screen is wider but lower than conventional screens that gives an impression of smallness.
Otherwise it is rather intuitive, fast and easy to use.

Otherwise, the equipment used on this type of vehicle are all standard or optional: adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, emergency braking assistance, etc.

In summary, a very innovative vehicle on the SUV market.

I do not regret my choice.
Its strengths and differentiators outweigh some shortcomings with competitors Audi, BMW or Mercedes.

Here are some pictures of my Stelvio and its configuration.

STELVIO 2.2 Diesel 210ch AT8 Q4 SUPER / BOITE AUTOMATIQUE AT8

EXTERIEUR
- ROUGE COMPETIZIONE

- JANTES ALLIAGE 20'' FIRST EDITION
- ÉTRIERS DE FREINS ROUGE
- BARRES DE TOIT NOIRES
- ENTOURAGE DES VITRES DARK LINE

- TOIT OUVRANT PANORAMIQUE
- SORTIES D'ECHAPPEMENT MAJOREES
- BUSES DE LAVE GLACE CHAUFFANTES

SECURITE
- ALERTEUR DE FRANCHISSEMENT DE LIGNE
- ASSISTANCE DE FREINAGE D'URGENCE (AFU)
- SYSTÈME DE CONTRÔLE DE PRESSION DES PNEUMATIQUES
- PHARES BI-XÉNON 35W DIRECTONNELS
- REGULATEUR DE VITESSE ADAPTATIF
- PACK DRIVER ASSISTANCE PLUS :
* CAMERA DE RECUL
* RÉTROVISEUR INTÉRIEUR PHOTOCHROMATIQUE
* RADAR DE PARKING AVANT ET ARRIÈRE
* RETROVISEURS EXTERIEURS ELECTROCHROMIQUES
* ÉCLAIRAGE ADAPTATIF (FEUX DE CROISEMENT/FEUX DE ROUTE)
* SYSTEME DE DETECTION DES ANGLES MORT
- SYSTÈME ANTIVOL

- ROUE DE SECOURS TAILLE REDUITE

CONFORT
- CLIMATISATION AUTOMATIQUE BI-ZONE
- PACK CONFORT
* SYSTÈME QUALITÉ AIR +
* PARE-BRISE ATHERMIQUE
* ÉCLAIRAGE DES POIGNÉES DE PORTES
* SYSTÈME D’ENTRÉE SANS CLÉS (CONDUCTEUR ET PASSAGER)

DESIGN INTERIEUR
- PALETTES AU VOLANT
- PACK SPORT INTERIEUR :
* RÉGLAGE ÉLECTRIQUE CONDUCTEUR & PASSAGER 6 POSITIONS
* SIÈGES AVANT CHAUFFANTS
* SIEGES SPORT EN CUIR NOIR
* VOLANT CHAUFFANT
- PACK SPORT
 :
* INSERTS ALUMINIUM PLANCHE DE BORD, TUNNEL CENTRAL, CONTREPORTES
* VOLANT SPORT
* PEDALIER ALUMINIUM

COMMUNICATION ET HIFI
- PACK SOUND THEATRE

* SYSTEME AUDIO 11 HAUT-PARLEURS ET SUBWOOFER
* ÉCLAIRAGE DINTÉRIEUR D'AMBIANCE
- SYSTÈME DE NAVIGATION 3D AVEC ECRAN PANORAMIQUE 8.8" & CARTOGRAPHIE EUROPE
- 2 PRISES USB
- DAB - RADIO NUMÉRIQUE

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Grazie/Merci/Thanks! We find ourselves in a select group.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Chris and welcome.

That's a great review and I fully agree with your conclusions; the Stelvio is an impressive piece of equipment!

I have noticed that you have black roof bars ("Barres de toit noir"); unfortunately, that was not clearly available as an option when I purchased my Stelvio (also with the panoramic roof); do you know if it is possible to retrofit these?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chris and welcome.

That's a great review and I fully agree with your conclusions; the Stelvio is an impressive piece of equipment!

I have noticed that you have black roof bars ("Barres de toit noir"); unfortunately, that was not clearly available as an option when I purchased my Stelvio (also with the panoramic roof); do you know if it is possible to retrofit these?

The roof bars and the surrounding dark line windows were available as an option. I think it is possible to order them in aftermarket.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When ordering I wanted the pack seen at the Geneva show (rims, hulls mirrors, grille and bottom of the rear bumper anthracite gray) but it was not available.

My dealer has ordered it for retrofit and it will be installed today.

Photos tonight ...

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First pictures of the Stelvio with the outdoor sports package until tomorrow, photos in broad daylight...

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
First pictures of the Stelvio with the outdoor sports package until tomorrow, photos in broad daylight...

Very NICE Chris!
Hey since you are into cosmetic updates i want to ask a favor.
I've seen after market door handle lights installed on the Stelvio by dealers in Europe. The same type that BMW made popular. I have looked high and low for those things in the US and googled it too but no luck. I found a couple but they are really tacky. The European ones I've seen installed are very subtle and don't destroy the looks of the car with too much brightness. Any chance you can suggest a manufacturer in Europe perhaps with an English website?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I love the look of that, I wish that pack was an option to order in Canada.

The Michelin tires you have are also not on option, only all season Conti's.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love the look of that, I wish that pack was an option to order in Canada.

The Michelin tires you have are also not on option, only all season Conti's.

Michelin are the standard tires on the Stelvio in France

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very NICE Chris!
I've seen after market door handle lights installed on the Stelvio by dealers in Europe. The same type that BMW made popular. I have looked high and low for those things in the US and googled it too but no luck. I found a couple but they are really tacky. The European ones I've seen installed are very subtle and don't destroy the looks of the car with too much brightness. Any chance you can suggest a manufacturer in Europe perhaps with an English website?

Sorry, I do not know of a dealer who offers this in retrofit.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Marco I'm not sure if you've seen these threads on the AR puddle lights. The AR ones are available from moparonline at $118 for pair. Apparently different versions are available from china, but I'd prefer factory install which takes about 15 minutes

Install of OEM 'Alfa Romeo' Door Lights (pics) - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

Puddle Lights Logo upgrade - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

Very NICE Chris!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Marco I'm not sure if you've seen these threads on the AR puddle lights. The AR ones are available from moparonline at $118 for pair. Apparently different versions are available from china, but I'd prefer factory install which takes about 15 minutes

Install of OEM 'Alfa Romeo' Door Lights (pics) - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

Puddle Lights Logo upgrade - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

Thanks for the links zvezdah but those are puddle lights ..... I am talking about external door handle lights such as in this picture. BMW started installing them as an option in Europe, and there is an aftermarket for them as well. Mots popular are white or blue. They are much nicer in person than the picture below but you get the point:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts