Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I smile when I look at the rear end of the Stelvio, really takes the crossover to a new level of design, but I frown at my carbon covered chrome exhaust tail pieces - and this morning got out the Turtle Wax Chrome Polish, and bam, just like new, duh, they are new... (1 k after first week, see In the Mountains Gallery)

I am use to old school chrome as thick as a dime, but not sure how the Alfa chrome should be cleaned/treated; how often, best products, any coating after cleaning... thoughts on that?

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think I"m going to get these carbon tips to replace the chrome,

I smile when I look at the rear end of the Stelvio, really takes the crossover to a new level of design, but I frown at my carbon covered chrome exhaust tail pieces - and this morning got out the Turtle Wax Chrome Polish, and bam, just like new, duh, they are new... (1 k after first week, see In the Mountains Gallery)

I am use to old school chrome as thick as a dime, but not sure how the Alfa chrome should be cleaned/treated; how often, best products, any coating after cleaning... thoughts on that?

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris,

The second of six pictures in my In the Mountains gallery shows my Ti Sport from the rear at a distance (with not so clean at the time, tailpipes).

Reactions: zvezdah1

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Being a little old school, we chose the base for the bright window surrounds and roof rails. I like a little shiny stuff (and loved the wheels + the yellow calipers + tips). That said, great thought: how to keep them bright and shiny other than dry wipe between washes. Good thread.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black on/red looks good - same as my interior :)

Reactions: zvezdah1

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I grew up beside a guy that had a baby blue, with white ragtop 1962 TR3, that had chrome roll bars, and on those roll bars were terry cloth pads that were leather belted around both ends of the bar, and one on the back post, so all he had to do at anytime was slide the pad up and over the hump and back of the chrome roll bars - they alway gleamed, as did the chrome spoke wheels. Much longer story than I can tell about that car, without a bar and a few beers...

Cheers and Happy Holidays for sure...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Happich simichrome is a great chrome polish you might give it a try.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002YUQ4E/ref=asc_df_B0002YUQ4E5311961/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B0002YUQ4E&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198093981731&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1093389471521292999&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011447&hvtargid=pla-384225090650

1 - 7 of 7 Posts