Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to clear out the scheduled maintenance expired message? I tried the suggestion about turning on the ignition and stepping on the pedal six times within 10 seconds but no dice....

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport Q4 Nor-Cal PRK
53 Posts
@Link

There's more to it than that.

You need to establish if your Stelvio is or isn't equipped with a SGW (Security Gateway) in addition to following the info and buying the equipment and software listed within the link BELOW.

Hope that helps -

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Posted in another thread. This works on my 2018 everytime.

To clear the dash message telling you to get an oil change without a scanner.

Do not put your foot on the brake. Both feet flat on floor.

1) Press the start button and turn the car on without starting engine.

2) Fully press and depress the gas pedal 5 times. Do it slow you have about ten seconds to perform the process.. Press all the way down, then take your foot off at the top. 5 times.

Do not put your foot on the brake. Both feet flat on floor

3) Press the Start/Stop button again to shut the car off.

Now you can start it normally and the dash warning should be reset. The one in the infotainment requires a scanner.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Will be trying soon. Infotainment message is just fn stupid that you can't reset it. Dealer knows if i am to buy another, they will do this gratous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ALFAOFFROAD

I to have to 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio (Sport version), yet these steps unfortunately didn't work for me as I just tried it myself multiple times.

Per what @fast_dave suggested, I guess I'll be buying the Multiecuscan next year when I come back from vacation as I'll be heading out the states for a month starting this December, but I'll be taking my 2000 Lexus ES300 instead.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I also have a 2018.

try pushing the gas...slower. it is not a race.

It isn't slam the pedal down 5 times.

Slowly means...sloooooooowly.

As-in slower than I would ever press the gas otherwise...take a half second to press down, then up. Then lift your foot and wait a half second before starting the next one. The first time I did it it didnt work. I sat there and played with the timing of the pedal presses until it did.

Also be sure the pedal goes all the way down. If you press the pedal at the top, that doesn't happen. There is about 1/8inch of movement the pedal does at the base. You must press that in. Foot flat on the gas, press down all the way.

Don't forget to shut the car off completely - without ever starting the engine. This is crucial. If you press the pedal down then start the car it doesn't work. Must shut off power to the car. Then start the engine to check.

I've used this procedure myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm doing just that with no luck. I basically get inside my Alfa, close the driver door, press the START/STOP button (without pressing the gas pedal), the car comes on (not the engine) and then the amount of oil bar comes up on the odometer screen, follow by "Scheduled Maintenance Expired" message, then tried pressing the pedal ALL THE WAY down (I even feel like a clip on the pedal when it goes all the way down) slowly 5 times within 10 seconds. Repeated these steps multiple times possibly even going beyond just a bit over 10 seconds the fact of pressing the pedal very slowly, but regardless how slow or how fast and how hard I push the pedal down, the message still remains after shutting the vehicle down from the START/STOP button, and then normally powering the vehicle on afterwards (Brake + STOP/START button).

I even tried these same steps as soon as I turn the car on (not engine) before the oil bar and "Scheduled Maintenance Expired" message comes up.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Try pressing 3 or 6 times instead.

I've seen all (3, 5, and 6 pedal presses) listed in different instructions. Could be different software versions require different number of pedals presses could be other variations even.

Strange but very possible.

5 works for me. 3 and 6 didn't.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I will try this patiently in the next week or so. This isn't for the expired maintenance signal but for the message I have not yet recd. I am a 10/17 build thus reason everything was easier without requiring the SGW bypass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts