Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to hear this a couple weeks ago. It seems to be getting a bit worse now. When I'm making a hard turn to the right mostly, sometimes to the left, there's a clicking noise that I hear. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I'm going to take it to the dealership next week.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Mileage? Check CV joints

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Got a video? Or audio recording really.

Does sound like CV but the odds of that are so slim.

Does the noise come from outside the car? Seems like someone a while ago had an issue where something was loose in the steering column and that made a clicking sound, but that would be very different then a CV joint sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a 'juddering' or 'jumping' noise coming from the wheels/tyres of my Stelvio which transmits through to the steering wheel which then 'twitches' or jumps. This only seems to happen at very low speeds up to perhaps 10mph. when turning left or right. I have been told by the garage that they have come across this before in a couple of other cars including Land Rover's. They have described this as 'skipping'. They are replacing all 4 tyres (it's under warranty) which the technician is "70%-80%" confident that it will solve the problem. But if not then (I think) he said it could be more serious and have something to do with the drive-train...?
Sadly, I'm no mechanic or technician so any views/opinions/thoughts on this would be most welcome as it is really quite disconcerting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I get that ticking on my Quad too, apparently was told by dealer that AR have found that a slim spacer is needed on the hub. It's not a safety issue and will have spacers to send out to dealers but this was back in May and not heard anything since.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Isn't this just an artifact from the suspension design? Mine clunks occasionally and the tires "skip" when I'm turning sharply at low speeds as well. It seems like the grippier the tires, the more pronounced the skipping.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio | Alfa Romeo 4C
54 Posts
Isn't this just an artifact from the suspension design? Mine clunks occasionally and the tires "skip" when I'm turning sharply at low speeds as well. It seems like the grippier the tires, the more pronounced the skipping.
No, this is not the "tyre jumping" thing. This is a clicking/rattling sound on low speeds with sharp steering. My old 2.0T didn't had this problem, my new Quadrifoglio developt this problem really fast.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio | Alfa Romeo 4C
54 Posts
Solved the problem on my Quad by just having the Spacers fitted.
My dealer called me. They say it's not a problem with the CV joints, but with the brake caliper. They know about this plates and they will fit it to mine. It's just that simple. Good to know it's not the drive shaft!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys. My first post here. Nice to meet you all.

I have the same strange clicking noise on my Stelvio QV. And It's getting somehow worse with time I think so I wonder if this is what that "spacer" helps with.
Here's the video of my problem: New video.mp4

And may be by chance anyone knows where in Lisbon (Portugal) I could fit that spacer? :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts