Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are looking for ride comfort, the 19" tires/wheels (which I have ) usually give you a more compliant ride vs larger tire/wheel set ups. One thing I learned from driving my 1985 Corvette, which had a suspension ever so slightly more complaint than a buckboard, is that reducing air pressure in the tires can have a significant affect on the ride quality. .Also the specific tire you are running can also make a big difference in ride quality
Agree. My car was delivered with above 40psi. It keeps bouncing with that kind of pressure:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just drove my Sport Ti to Florida for the third time (1400 miles ) in three years and it is the best road trip car I’ve ever had. Bought for a retirement gift to myself after years of Infinitis, Acuras and a Lexus or two and there’s no comparison. I enjoy driving my Stelvio more than anything I’ve owned in the past 30 years!

·
Registered
365 Posts
My recommendation is to get the Lusso seats. These are much more comfortable than the Sport seats - to me. I had the sport seats in my Giulia and any long drive was uncomfortable. Now with the Lusso seats in my Stelvio, a road trip is a welcome thing!
John

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
363 Posts
My recommendation is to get the Lusso seats. These are much more comfortable than the Sport seats - to me. I had the sport seats in my Giulia and any long drive was uncomfortable. Now with the Lusso seats in my Stelvio, a road trip is a welcome thing!
John
What are Lusso seats and how do they differ from the standard and sports seats? Im wondering if you would not have to order a a vehicle to get them since there would be very few leftover 2020s still remaining with those seats and there is no longer a Lusso model for 2021, just a Lusso package.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce 2.0 Petrol Q4
140 Posts
What are Lusso seats and how do they differ from the standard and sports seats? Im wondering if you would not have to order a a vehicle to get them since there would be very few leftover 2020s still remaining with those seats and there is no longer a Lusso model for 2021, just a Lusso package.
The seats that come with the Lusso package. Cannelloni design. No side bolster. No thigh extension. Extra degree of tilt of the seat base.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My two cents, I enjoy the extra thigh extension and side bolster in both the Ti Sport Stelvio and Giulia, but it truly comes down to preference. As far as ride comfort, our Stelvio has been great. Not as plush/bouncy as some "luxury" SUVs, but definitely smooth and jostle free - especially on the highway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Lots of great insight & advice. I'll get an idea tomorrow! Looking forward to it. I made sure to check out all of the other cars I was interested in first and test drive the Stelvio last.

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
363 Posts
Problem is that you really just get a first impression of the car which may or not be the real feel of the car. Kinda like a first date. But not much else you can do. Make sure you drive the Stelvio in Dynamic and watch as many reviews and comparison tests you can find on You Tube. Those helped a lot to convince me to get a Stelvio

·
Registered
86 Posts
The seats in the Lusso package are nice .. especially the creama .. but I enjoy the adjustability of the
seats in the Sport.. along with the normal base and back adjustments the thigh extension the lumbar support the adjustable side bolsters.. it’s pretty easy to find that “ just right” spot on a long trip.
I also like the additional support during “spirited” driving which this car begs for!
if I want to soften the rid
e to just cruise I just switch from D to N .. set the cruise control and go...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also just switched from a Jeep Wrangler and bought my Lusso Stelvio a month ago today. Drove it 8 hours home in one day and the difference in comfort was amazing. I'm not a luxury guy but I was very, very happy with the comfort and my ass after hauling back home.

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
363 Posts
I have found that seat comfort is an individual thing. While some will say a certain car seat is comfortable,another person may have difficulties finding a position that they like. A lot of people have undiagnosed back and spine issue that come into play. So a seat with more adjustable parameters has the greatest chance to be comfortable for the greatest number of people. Although you do need to start with a seat that has been designed for comfort in the first place

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
A loud boxy Slowbaru is not a comfortable ride. My Tribeca was also lousy because of the poorly designed center armrest...a remnat from their skinny narrow roots. The Jeep was just that....onroad nasty, offroad competent.
Highway ride of a Stelvio is actually EXCELLENT. If you overinflate the tires it can be a bit darty in strong crosswinds. Stelvios don't like to be overinflated IMHO. It improves nothing.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
My Quad wheels completely change the ride quality v the stock 20's, not a a good way, but the return in handling more than compensates and having been in plenty of Quads, I have a clue. At 85 it is a firm , comfortable sport sedan type of ride unless you get on secondary roads...then its just firm.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Many 500-1500 mile trips with 2 adult kids (over 6 ft tall) in back seats and wife in front. No issues what so ever. Sport Ti. Now my sons wish for a mini van so they both get a seat but that ain't happening.

My one change is on long trips I take the wallet out. For some reason that really makes a difference.

Just got a quad to replace the Ti. Too early to comment on that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone, I've been reading this forum for awhile trying to decide on my next car. I'm test driving a Stelvio this Saturday. I'm coming from a Jeep Wrangler, in which I make several 3 hour trips to Pa (from Long Island) a year. I've had the Jeep for almost 10 years now, and as I get older, I'm definitely looking for something more comfortable for those rides. Lately, I've been taking my wife's Subaru Outback, and the ride is so nice, it prompted me to look for a new car.

I'm all about the Stelvio because of the driving fun factor, but I understand that could take away some of the comfortable ride qualities.

Does anyone use the car for long trips? How comfortable is it? Road noise, ride, etc.

Thanks!
Hi there
I can “kinda “ relate
I still love my 2007 4runner And I drive daily to work for about (2.5 hours) long ride on a smooth nicely paved toll road with almost no traffic jams.
The stelvio is a complete different experience on long rides .Yes it’s quite but not super quite as a Lexus
Little rough as it has lots of German made suspension parts .
Even Breaking is different but it will take you less than a week to get used to the sense of a smooth breaking without making your passengers ask for a plastic bag!
In a stelvio you will completely forget that you are driving an SUV !
it is fast , light ,powerful with excellent handling & not to mention the beautiful unique exterior design.

I kept my 4runner as a second vehicle
Because I am not sure how the stelvio can handle the heavy rainy days/floods we get here in Texas !
Not sure if this helped any !
I just wanted to share my experience
Coming from a similar vehicle to your wrangler “with a truck chassis “ to the stelvio.
Good luck 🍀
Ciao,

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Hi there
I can “kinda “ relate
I still love my 2007 4runner And I drive daily to work for about (2.5 hours) long ride on a smooth nicely paved toll road with almost no traffic jams.
The stelvio is a complete different experience on long rides .Yes it’s quite but not super quite as a Lexus
Little rough as it has lots of German made suspension parts .
Even Breaking is different but it will take you less than a week to get used to the sense of a smooth breaking without making your passengers ask for a plastic bag!
In a stelvio you will completely forget that you are driving an SUV !
it is fast , light ,powerful with excellent handling & not to mention the beautiful unique exterior design.

I kept my 4runner as a second vehicle
Because I am not sure how the stelvio can handle the heavy rainy days/floods we get here in Texas !
Not sure if this helped any !
I just wanted to share my experience
Coming from a similar vehicle to your wrangler “with a truck chassis “ to the stelvio.
Good luck 🍀
Ciao,
You should do a direct comparison with the 4 Runner and Stelvio is a bad storm!

Be interesting to hear.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio TI
1 Posts
Hey everyone, I've been reading this forum for awhile trying to decide on my next car. I'm test driving a Stelvio this Saturday. I'm coming from a Jeep Wrangler, in which I make several 3 hour trips to Pa (from Long Island) a year. I've had the Jeep for almost 10 years now, and as I get older, I'm definitely looking for something more comfortable for those rides. Lately, I've been taking my wife's Subaru Outback, and the ride is so nice, it prompted me to look for a new car.

I'm all about the Stelvio because of the driving fun factor, but I understand that could take away some of the comfortable ride qualities.

Does anyone use the car for long trips? How comfortable is it? Road noise, ride, etc.

Thanks!
I cuurently have a TI Stelvio with the sport seats. I previously owned an Outback and have driven it from New Jersey to Texas. I’d have to say I wouldn’t hesitate to drive my Stelvio cross-country. I find it very comfortable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For longer drives, I prefer sedan cars just because it's lighter and easy to drive but my family prefers truck since their space is bigger. When using my Stelvio for longer drives, noise is not really an issue but I did upgrade my leather seat with more cushion just for extra softness around the behind.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts