Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alfa care , confirmed today that my 17.12.17 Built Stelvio first edition , doesn't have android or apple play , nor will there ever be a software update , and there is no aftermarket replacement. :sad

·
Registered
348 Posts
Concur with exmud......didn't buy the Alfa for the infotainment system. Six months with the Stelvio and I am still excited every time I push the start button :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is a shame that its not being offered on a premium model like the Stelvio, when its available as on option on most rivals. But most of those don't offer the same sporty driving experience that you get here. CarPlay will be offered in the Stelvio though, so you could always swap phones if its a big deal to you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
we can order it now here in Europe. i tought it was 250 euro
but i realy do not mis it,
i had it in my previous car, but i never used it, cause I drive the car when i'm in it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is a shame that its not being offered on a premium model like the Stelvio, when its available as on option on most rivals. But most of those don't offer the same sporty driving experience that you get here. CarPlay will be offered in the Stelvio though, so you could always swap phones if its a big deal to you.
Both Android Auto and Apple Carplay are offered on the Stelvio, just not for some already built. I have both on mine, as you can't order separately in the UK.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My car came with both Car Play and Android. $100 each on the sticker.
I’ve used both the Car Play and the wireless Bluetooth so far with no issues.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Alfa care , confirmed today that my 17.12.17 Built Stelvio first edition , doesn't have android or apple play , nor will there ever be a software update , and there is no aftermarket replacement. :sad
This was posted on another thread ..... it might be an option for people like you whose cars were built before a certain date.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DLC...-system-IPS-mirror-link-wifi/32849678436.html

Also please ignore ridiculous comments like you should have bought another car if you want basic features and all that crap .....

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same here but i don't mind.
It's a drivers car, not a tablet!!!
if you do mind, just buy a Benz!!
Not after a tablet !!! , but if you want to compete and charge the same as a Benz be comparable , the Australian market is small so why not be as competitive as you can , I bought an Alfa as I wanted an Alfa, just when 2 weeks later that function is available making the one I bought in 2 weeks already behind in tech is disappointing.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Oh well, early buyers like myself that do not have it in the car will likely suffer when it comes down to selling the car when the time comes. in the meantime, no big deal. The car is a BLAST.

The navigation has its quirks, like not being able to save a designated city as the default selection. (my BIGGEST GRIPE)

BUT, it's very accurate I must admit.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
@100K+ miles it is insignificant. A car, depreciating asset, is a poor investment unless you're Jay Leno. Early buyers knew exactly what they were getting and appreciated the aggressive pricing to turn inventory and get butts in seats so to speak.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@100K+ miles it is insignificant. A car, depreciating asset, is a poor investment unless you're Jay Leno. Early buyers knew exactly what they were getting and appreciated the aggressive pricing to turn inventory and get butts in seats so to speak.
Wasnt cheap in Australia trust me , and we have the weaker powered engines at the moment , TI in August. Am well happy with the car I just would of liked the Android feature due to the nature of my work and what should be expected in this class of vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts