Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my car in for service an animal of some kind chewed my wires to hell. Anyway as the dealer was looking it over they said I had a small leak in the turbo gasket . They replaced the gasket and replaced all my coolent. But they filled the engine coolent over the max level some and also now I smell coolent when I pop the hood after a drive. Temp level is at 4 bars never more . No leaks that I can see. but never had this issue before they flushed the system. Over the max ok ?

·
Registered
308 Posts
while this thread is active, what color is the coolant? Did it change color?

My rear/passenger tank is a little below "min". I want to get it back up. Original coolant from the factory
is a bright day-glo orange.

When I called around looking for some coolant, I was given Mopar part# MS12106 which they say is "redish-pink".
Autozone said what they had was purple. Does anyone know of an "old" part number that is original factory orange?
There seems to be a lot of discussion online on OAT vs HOAT vs Mopar vs Fiat....Perhaps the factory coolant differs from what the official fluid spec called out in the manual?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
while this thread is active, what color is the coolant? Did it change color?

My rear/passenger tank is a little below "min". I want to get it back up. Original coolant from the factory
is a bright day-glo orange.

When I called around looking for some coolant, I was given Mopar part# MS12106 which they say is "redish-pink".
Autozone said what they had was purple. Does anyone know of an "old" part number that is original factory orange?
There seems to be a lot of discussion online on OAT vs HOAT vs Mopar vs Fiat....Perhaps the factory coolant differs from what the official fluid spec called out in the manual?
Coolent is oem orange.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport Q4 Nor-Cal PRK
206 Posts
Ok..I googled "mopar oem orange coolant" and got:

(plus a bunch of amazon links as well for same PN)

Mopar PN: 68048953AB

sounds like this could be the stuff....,

@goblue

These two threads should help with your final decision :)

Best regards, f_d

Thread Link 1: Low amount of fluid in Engine Coolant Reservoir...

Thread Link 2: Turbo Coolant - What is everyone using? Where to buy?

·
Registered
308 Posts
These two threads should help with your final decision :)
I traveled to my home town of Grand Rapids MI for thanksgiving. I stopped at Ziegler Alfa Romeo
(technically in Grandville) to buy some official Mopar/Alfa coolant. I was pleasantly surprised
when the service manager offered to "top off" the tank for me free of charge. He also topped of the
windshield washer fluid. He was aware that I was visiting from out of town but it was nice to see good
old fashioned customer service.

Remind me to stop saying bad things about my home town.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts