Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to post about reaching 60K today but after inspecting the engine bay I noted that my coolant was low and it had something brownish in the container. Checked under the oil cap and there was nothing milky. Dabbed the coolant with napkins and it doesn't feel any slicker than the usual consistency. What sucks is I had it traded in last week and second guessed the deal. Whatever, I am replacing my 6th tire when it comes tomorrow because these pot holes keep taking the low profile tires out. Won't do that again the roads are just too ruff. Also doing brakes, rotors, air filter, and a oil change. If she keeps going without issue till Christmas that is all I care about. With that being said anyone have coolant issues like this?
Speedometer Car Gauge Vehicle Tachometer

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
710 Posts
Typically coolant shouldn’t get contaminated
So if it is, there are typically three potential sources.
One of the internal coolers has a leak, so you may get oil or tranny fluid in the coolant, or probably more prevalent, it’s a head gasket issue,

there’s an easy chemical test to see if it’s combustion related thus the Gasket, you can buy the kit at Napa or others, or if you’re under an extended warranty, take it to the dealer

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When the engine is running, do you see bubbles in that container?
[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the delayed reply I have been crazy busy and kept forgetting to check when the engine was warm. Anyway I changed the oil and it did not seem to have any coolant in it. Also when refilling it wasn't as low as it looks in the image. Well I was about to rejoice when checking using photos but once looking at this video I am not sure anymore. I do see movement so maybe it is a head gasket.
Coolant Tank Video

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
710 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks I have seen this before and your right it is the only way to know. other than finishing off the wheels I am not spending another dollar till I administer it. I just don't trust the warrant will hold up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts