Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since last August I've been hanging around here planning on getting a Stelvio...just as soon as Carplay and the Lusso trim were available.

While those are not here just yet, the Carplay issue is sort of pinned down -- post December whatever builds get it...eventually -- and the Lusso can be ordered for future delivery. That drew me closer to pulling the trigger. But what really spurred me to action was reading about some of the incredible deals people have been getting.,

I decided to go in last Thursday and talk to the local dealer not only about ordering a Lusso, but also about the possibility of buying out of stock for the right deal. My visit was a disappointment, as I was offered a discount of only $4000 off MSRP on either an order or in stock deal. Plus, they quoted a monthly lease payment on the Lusso of over $800!

I went home, googled "Basalto Brown Stelvio", and quickly compiled of list of dealers which had my desired configuration. Several were among those I'd heard have been offering great deals. I sent emails to 5 dealers that had Basalto Brown models with most or all of the options I desired.

This was late Thursday. I received my first offer within minutes--a lease at $690/mo. By about 11 the next morning I had communicated with and received offers from all but one of the dealers. The best was from Bob Baker Alpha in Carlsbad, California at $435 per month. The second best was from OC Fiat Alpha in Costa Mesa, CA, at $495. The cars were identical except that the OC version had the HK sound system. Both dealers wanted to close before the end of the month.

I called OC and quickly learned that their offer included walk-offs in the lease whereas the Bob Baker offer didn't. OC offered to match the Bob Baker offer even though their MSRP was $900 higher. I filled out the online credit app, threw a few things in a bag and headed straight to the airport to catch the last flight from Salt Lake that would get me to the dealer before closing (my wife is a flight attendant so I fly for free.)

I've never had a car purchase go so smoothly. OC Fiat Alpha picked me up at the airport, had my car parked in front and the paperwork all filled out. Quick in and out with my new Stelvio--or so I thought. There was a major hiccup later that night, although OC Fiat Alpha was great to work with and made things right.

I planned on driving a couple of hours, spending the night, and driving the rest of the way home the next day. About 15 miles out, however, the car freaked out, cycled through all the engine warning messages, and went into limp mode. The dealer was already closed, but fortunately it happened near my brother's house. I spent the night and returned to the dealer the next morning. They did some work on it, found a loose battery connection, said it should be good, and sent me on my way. But the exact same thing happened at the exact same place (so glad it didn't happen 200 miles out)!

There was too much traffic to do 40-45 mph (as fast as it would go in limp mode) on the freeway, so I spent an hour on surface streets returning to the dealer. Here is where OC Fiat customer service really delivered--rather than make me sit while they tried again to fix it, they swapped it out with an identical model they had in stock! It didn't take any arm twisting, they just readily agreed as soon as I asked.

I had a great time driving it home on Saturday and Sunday. On the way I stopped in the middle of the California desert for a little impromptu photo shoot. I'll attach a couple of the shots.

Even though I'd waited for Carplay and Lusso, in the end I couldn't resist a deal that offered nearly $12,000 off MSRP. I figured Carplay mated to the non-touchscreen display is sure to disappoint. I'm only going to have it for 24 months, I'm sure they have a better solution then. And I think I like Chocolate leather/ dark wood interior just as the Lusso interior.

I'll post the details of my deal in the thread about current prices.

BTW, Jordan at OC Fiat Alpha Romeo welcomes anyone to contact him for a great deal. He says they are the largest volume Alpha dealer in the country and have access to incentives unavailable to most dealers. They have over 200 Stelvios in stock and he said that is lower than normal.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Great pictures and that sounds like one **** of a deal.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Now we're talking. Welcome + enjoy the ride without looking back!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Well we certainly hope to have the participation from the other 1269 lucky buyers in March. Enjoy!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Since last August I've been hanging around here planning on getting a Stelvio...just as soon as Carplay and the Lusso trim were available.

While those are not here just yet, the Carplay issue is sort of pinned down -- post December whatever builds get it...eventually -- and the Lusso can be ordered for future delivery. That drew me closer to pulling the trigger. But what really spurred me to action was reading about some of the incredible deals people have been getting.,

I decided to go in last Thursday and talk to the local dealer not only about ordering a Lusso, but also about the possibility of buying out of stock for the right deal. My visit was a disappointment, as I was offered a discount of only $4000 off MSRP on either an order or in stock deal. Plus, they quoted a monthly lease payment on the Lusso of over $800!

I went home, googled "Basalto Brown Stelvio", and quickly compiled of list of dealers which had my desired configuration. Several were among those I'd heard have been offering great deals. I sent emails to 5 dealers that had Basalto Brown models with most or all of the options I desired.

This was late Thursday. I received my first offer within minutes--a lease at $690/mo. By about 11 the next morning I had communicated with and received offers from all but one of the dealers. The best was from Bob Baker Alpha in Carlsbad, California at $435 per month. The second best was from OC Fiat Alpha in Costa Mesa, CA, at $495. The cars were identical except that the OC version had the HK sound system. Both dealers wanted to close before the end of the month.

I called OC and quickly learned that their offer included walk-offs in the lease whereas the Bob Baker offer didn't. OC offered to match the Bob Baker offer even though their MSRP was $900 higher. I filled out the online credit app, threw a few things in a bag and headed straight to the airport to catch the last flight from Salt Lake that would get me to the dealer before closing (my wife is a flight attendant so I fly for free.)

I've never had a car purchase go so smoothly. OC Fiat Alpha picked me up at the airport, had my car parked in front and the paperwork all filled out. Quick in and out with my new Stelvio--or so I thought. There was a major hiccup later that night, although OC Fiat Alpha was great to work with and made things right.

I planned on driving a couple of hours, spending the night, and driving the rest of the way home the next day. About 15 miles out, however, the car freaked out, cycled through all the engine warning messages, and went into limp mode. The dealer was already closed, but fortunately it happened near my brother's house. I spent the night and returned to the dealer the next morning. They did some work on it, found a loose battery connection, said it should be good, and sent me on my way. But the exact same thing happened at the exact same place (so glad it didn't happen 200 miles out)!

There was too much traffic to do 40-45 mph (as fast as it would go in limp mode) on the freeway, so I spent an hour on surface streets returning to the dealer. Here is where OC Fiat customer service really delivered--rather than make me sit while they tried again to fix it, they swapped it out with an identical model they had in stock! It didn't take any arm twisting, they just readily agreed as soon as I asked.

I had a great time driving it home on Saturday and Sunday. On the way I stopped in the middle of the California desert for a little impromptu photo shoot. I'll attach a couple of the shots.

Even though I'd waited for Carplay and Lusso, in the end I couldn't resist a deal that offered nearly $12,000 off MSRP. I figured Carplay mated to the non-touchscreen display is sure to disappoint. I'm only going to have it for 24 months, I'm sure they have a better solution then. And I think I like Chocolate leather/ dark wood interior just as the Lusso interior.

I'll post the details of my deal in the thread about current prices.

BTW, Jordan at OC Fiat Alpha Romeo welcomes anyone to contact him for a great deal. He says they are the largest volume Alpha dealer in the country and have access to incentives unavailable to most dealers. They have over 200 Stelvios in stock and he said that is lower than normal.
Awesome deal! Enjoy the ride. I had a similar battery issue maybe the cars sitting on the lot for a long time.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Great deal ..but ALFA please...not Alpha....rookie mistake...forgiven !!! :wink

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys:

Just wanted to give a 'heads up' that I received an amazing deal from Alfa Romeo in Greensboro, NC.

Equally important was how smooth the transaction went, with complete transparency and no BS.

Dealt with Michele, who was a joy. We discussed the white Stelvios (my choice) that she had in stock and I chose the one closest to my needs. She e-mailed the sticker to me, so I could be sure it was the color and options that I would be happy with.

A quick credit check later, the deal was done on a 24/10K lease, with only the first payment up front.

Long story short, if you are in the market for a new Alfa, I highly recommend you give Michele a call.

Roger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts