Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio TI
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. Excited as I just purchased a 2018 Stelvio TI (in October 2021)... During the process I was told by multiple dealers that the CPO coverage was a 5yr/100 warranty from the in-service date (ISD) and that it was "only a powertrain warranty" for the 5th year (after the original New Vehicle Warranty expires at the 4yr/50 mark).

OK, BUT... the Car Fax says the CPO is 5yr/100 with "Maximum Care" coverage, NOT just powertrain (see pic):
Font Material property Audio equipment Paper

BUT... the Alfa USA Website says the CPO is a "limited powertrain warranty" (see pic):
Computer Personal computer Output device Gadget Gesture

OK, BUT... The SAME webpage, just below, also talks about "Maximum Care" coverage AND that it starts on the DATE OF PURCHASE of the CPOV (or expiration of the New Vehicle Warranty), NOT the ISD of the car (see pic):

Computer Personal computer Computer monitor Peripheral Output device

OK, BUT... the CPO BOOKLET (given to me last week by the dealer) says "What's Covered" is aligned with the "Maximum Care" coverage BUT the 5yr/100 starts from the ISD of the car, NOT the purchase date of the CPOV as stated on the Alfa website (see pic):
Automotive lighting Font Line Asphalt Automotive tire

OK, BUT... (and here is the kicker)... The back of the CPO booklet cover says the CPO is Maximum Care BUT for 6-years! (see pic):
Font Computer keyboard Peripheral Input device Commemorative plaque

IF ANYONE CAN MAKES SENSE OF THIS I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT!?!

As an aside ---- I did buy a MOPAR extended warranty (Vehicle Service Contract) through one of the online websites referenced in other posts - www.ChryslerWarrantys.com - which came through legit (see upcoming detailed post about that). So this issue with the CPO warranty coverage is somewhat moot... I just can't believe all the discrepancies and am hoping somebody could clear it up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
....yeah...this is one of those things you can rightfully talk trash on Alfa for.

I swear it's like the company is being run by teenage girls who get their rocks off by talking to each other in a made up language just to confuse you.

Call a dealership service dept, ask them what it covers and when. They will have the final word on that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The ONLY thing that matters is what your paperwork says, what's on the Alfa website or the Carfax website mean nothing legally, the only item that matters from the legal standpoint is what your paperwork says, that's the contract between you and the seller.

Folks can rant all they want about what the websites say, what the dealer SAID... it means nothing, your paperwork is the contract.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
While that is correct, each state has different legislation governing minimum warranty coverages as well as language in the contract utilizing professional terms you may not be familiar with, added to the paperwork not specifying individual components as much as systems (often)...making it confusing.

The service dept can answer all those questions. Not to mention they are who will be interfacing with the warranty company, if that will be a problem you can find that out early, maybe call a few shops and go to the one who seems most familiar with the coverage.

I realize it should be easier than that,but really it isn't. Not just Alfa, any brand that is always my recommendation when dealing with extended warranties. Not all dealers/shops are as willing to work with them (they pays less than you would for the same job), it is worth finding a shop that will do it happily not grudgingly, you'll always get better results. (CPO is a little different but not much)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts