Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Of course as a counter, why is someome "unloading" a 2018 so fast so good point.. then again I did it once with a 2015 RR Evoque in spring 2016.....but I still need to understand why it was supposedly directly mentioned, car was supposedly looked at 3 times and not presented till halfway thru the closing. I heard some very similar bait and switch stories in their Lotus selling days with Elises and Exiges. Think they dumped Lotus during the recession.
Again, a 75K sale lost over a tire.....sheesh!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just to add: if the allegations were true and verifiable, Creswell has legal recourse as all of the parties are clearly identified in this thread and their reputation is damaged.

The car business is nasty- most dealers accept it. Consumers don't always deal in good faith and of course good dealers too often get a bad rap.
Right. First they looked over my car three times...and I even told the sales guy that the fronts werent the same and explained why they weren't they same. And he said it wasn't a big deal.

But if the dealer had said the first time they looked over (Christ even the second time) my car that I needed to buy a new front tire then I would have negotiated that point. But they waited until the last min.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks everyone for their reply's. But I decided to reevaluate my desire to own an Alfa. I dont need a new car yet and I was buying one because my life circumstances are going to be changing in a year and I felt they were giving me a great deal. But hindsight is 20/20 and you live and learn.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hopefully, you search and find another sweet deal for a VERY sweet car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
There are so many Alfa Romeo dealership horror stories it's like we're dealing with Hyundai here. It's almost enough reason to not buy an Alfa. The company really needs to cull their dealer network.
Plenty of good ones too. The reality is (statistics show) complainers swing from the rooftops and unfortunately super satisfied customers don't provide as much anecdotal or word-of-mouth positive reinforcement. Our culture loves negative sound bites and sensational outrage at the moment, supported by anonymous social media.

Example: I agree with Ti Sport- sounds like the dealer shut down fraud (what it is) if the tires were swapped for any reason and the trade was not 100% as presented.
I don’t understand where some readers are seeing fraud or a scam on the buys part, I read both sides telling the same story.. no one debates the seller asking for the buyer to cover the tire, that’s what we’re saying is obsurd.. why throw away a sell for $250 retail.

Who trades a car with oem tires anyway? By the time I trade mine I’m on my third set and they’re rarely oem.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Very good points all..this is why I stated the salesman's name....He was straight up legit....Perhaps it's not the dealer but the salesman ? Perhaps the quota was met for the month and the nickel and diming came to roost ? Certainly in March of 2018, because of the moratorium on Stelvio sales, they were definitely motivated.....I'm sure they overpaid me for my car....Nearest offer I had up here (Long Island, NY) was $24 K.....For $5 K I was more than happy to drive 600 miles in one day.....D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Northern CA experiences?

I'm just starting my Stelvio hunt and would like to focus on dealers with good reputations, and avoid the bad apples. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Los Angeles Dealer - Don't go here...

I leased my truly stunning Stelvio from Ellis Glendale. They are probably the worst representatives of the brand, or any brand, that I've ever experienced. Definitely the worst experience I've ever had purchasing a car, and I've bought a few. And their service center is also to be avoided like the plague. Even the salesman who sold me the car said he couldn't recommend their own service center. Unless this dealer has the only copy of the car you must have, and even if they do, GO ELSEWHERE!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Long distance shopping

I have found the Ti that is very close to what I want, but it is at a LA area dealer six hours south of me. Any advice on my approach? Call first? Drop in unannounced? This long distance situation is new to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have found the Ti that is very close to what I want, but it is at a LA area dealer six hours south of me. Any advice on my approach? Call first? Drop in unannounced? This long distance situation is new to me.
I live in Utah and bought my Stelvio at a now defunct dealer in Costa Mesa. I negotiated the entire deal via email and text, flew in, signed the papers which they had ready for me and drove away. The easiest car purchase I've ever experienced.

BTW, I ended up there after identifying 5 dealers in the West that had the exact car I wanted (or close enough) and emailing them all asking for their best deals. I said above that I "negotiated" the deal, but really their offer and another in San Diego were both so good that little negotiation was required.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts