Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Stelvio QV
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I placed my order earlier today with Michael DeSalvo from AR Strongsville for a custom MY21 Stelvio QV! The window for ordering Stelvio QV’s literally opened today and I should be in the first batch of production for MY21 w/ an expected delivery of around late April.

I love the MY18 QV I have so much, but given the long term reliability questions of the MY18/19 DI engines I was wary of owning the vehicle outside of warranty and thought making the jump up for the new port injection on the QV engine was worth it.

Here’s my build sheet:
5143A17C-78D7-4EF3-9740-4A2676C925E5.jpeg

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’ve thought of trading in my Giulia and doing the same. If you don’t mind me asking have you decided how you’ll dispose of your current Stelvio? Seems like used values have stabilized some. Perhaps the tight supply

·
Premium Member
2021 Stelvio QV
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve thought of trading in my Giulia and doing the same. Are you trading your QV in or selling it yourself?
Not sure yet. We didn’t discuss because the market could change and no way to reach an agreement on value with no new vehicle ready to purchase.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Nice. I'm thinking the same route with my '18.

Reactions: dwroman55

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone concerned or care about changes for 2022? Eventually they will update the stelvio on the outside, just don’t know if that’s 2022 or later. I have a giulia but want a stelvio qv I am just concerned that for 2022 there are either major internal or external changes (engine or body). Not sure what to do. I don’t want to buy at the end of the cycle.

·
Premium Member
2021 Stelvio QV
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone concerned or care about changes for 2022? Eventually they will update the stelvio on the outside, just don’t know if that’s 2022 or later. I have a giulia but want a stelvio qv I am just concerned that for 2022 there are either major internal or external changes (engine or body). Not sure what to do. I don’t want to buy at the end of the cycle.
I don’t think you’ll see any cosmetic changes made to either the Giulia or Stelvio for MY22.... the refresh happened in MY20 so doubt they’d make any moves to update under four years. There was a major update to the MY20/21 QVs which is the port fuel injection I mentioned.

If anything there will be minor updates to the interior or what packages will contain per trim. The SM told me that the MY21 QV CF steering wheel is different than MY20.... and I also optioned the new 21” wheel option! $1,500 option which I thought was not bad considering the competitions pricing

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don’t think you’ll see any cosmetic changes made to either the Giulia or Stelvio for MY22.... the refresh happened in MY20 so doubt they’d make any moves to update under four years. There was a major update to the MY20/21 QVs which is the port fuel injection I mentioned.

If anything there will be minor updates to the interior or what packages will contain per trim. The SM told me that the MY21 QV CF steering wheel is different than MY20.... and I also optioned the new 21” wheel option! $1,500 option which I thought was not bad considering the competitions pricing
They haven’t updated the exterior to my knowledge since inception. Interior, yes. That’s my concern; will they update, sharpen the exterior in 2022 which is a short 10 mos away. Love it the way it is now tbh. Thanks for the input. Just wish I had a crystal ball.

·
Registered
68 Posts

@dwroman55 did salesman say new exterior and seatbelt covers were available? If I do order new I’d like to see the new color options first.

·
Premium Member
2021 Stelvio QV
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@dwroman55 did salesman say new exterior and seatbelt covers were available? If I do order new I’d like to see the new color options first.
I didn’t ask about new colors or seatbelt covers availability as they didn’t cross my mind when speccing the vehicle. Initially at the start of week when I asked Michael about the 21” wheels he said they weren’t on the order sheet but that could change by Friday. Sure enough, before I submitted my deposit on Friday, Michael called to ask if I wanted to add the wheel option as it just appeared in the system. One would imagine that this would mean that they made all the MY21 options available for order!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I didn’t ask about new colors or seatbelt covers availability as they didn’t cross my mind when speccing the vehicle. Initially at the start of week when I asked Michael about the 21” wheels he said they weren’t on the order sheet but that could change by Friday. Sure enough, before I submitted my deposit on Friday, Michael called to ask if I wanted to add the wheel option as it just appeared in the system. One would imagine that this would mean that they made all the MY21 options available for order!
Wonder when the akropovic exhausts will be available as well. That’s definitely an item on my list.

·
Premium Member
2021 Stelvio QV
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wonder what the 21” wheels will look like... hopefully not the same ones they will be putting on the base sport trim
I doubt they’d be the same. The base trims are a smaller width wheel. I thought they’d make the new 21’s x10.5 in the rear and 9.5 in the front, but will just get some spacers for em

·
Registered
68 Posts
As an option? I’d definitely go that route too.
My understanding is you will be able to spec MY21 cars with factory installed akropovic exhausts (QV models, not sure about 2.0L vehicles). Some of the video reviews on YouTube show the akropovic exhaust tips.

·
Premium Member
2021 Stelvio QV
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Sparco seats are great. Good spec overall.
Thanks! The Sparcos are the reason I had to custom order... no dealer ever orders them on their inventory allocations.

I also opted to forgo the Panoramic roof... have it in my current vehicle and used it less than 5x. Plus it should help with weight at the top of the vehicle!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I placed my order earlier today with Michael DeSalvo from AR Strongsville for a custom MY21 Stelvio QV! The window for ordering Stelvio QV’s literally opened today and I should be in the first batch of production for MY21 w/ an expected delivery of around late April.

I love the MY18 QV I have so much, but given the long term reliability questions of the MY18/19 DI engines I was wary of owning the vehicle outside of warranty and thought making the jump up for the new port injection on the QV engine was worth it.

Here’s my build sheet:
View attachment 20917
Any news on your build? I just ordered mine last month and have no update on its process. Not sure if its going to take 3 months or 6 months

·
Premium Member
2021 Stelvio QV
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great build! I'm close to regretting not getting the sparco seats but wasn't willing to give up heating since it will be my DD.
If I lived in the northern or eastern part of the country I would have probably went the same route, but heated seats in Texas would get used maybe a week out of the whole year lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts