Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to customize the liftgate height?

Alfa owner's manual states:

"Open the liftgate manually and move it to the position at which you want the liftgate to open."
Press and hold one of the closing buttons for at least 5 seconds (successful acquisition is indicated by the turn signals flashing 3 times."

I've owned the car for a few days, and the only way you can open it is with the remote, rear hatch button, and dashboard switch.

How do you open it "manually?"

I then tried clicking the auto open button, then tried to force the hatch to a certain height. I get a lot of resistance. Really don't want to damage the motor.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
owner's manual

first of all dont force ANYTHING .... force is not the answer. Second and most obvious, read the manual. I'm sure you will find the solution in there.
yeah, I did read the owner's manual that's why it's in quotes in my post.
But it's not exactly clear.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Mine custom saved no problem. open with the button, press the button to stop where you want it (you can manually move it after opening a little if you fine adjust), then press and hold the close button on the gate until it beeps.

Now whenever I pull into the garage and open it, it stops with an inch of clearance :)

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Mine custom saved no problem. open with the button, press the button to stop where you want it (you can manually move it after opening a little if you fine adjust), then press and hold the close button on the gate until it beeps.

Now whenever I pull into the garage and open it, it stops with an inch of clearance :)
The same for me, no problem at all

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, mine finally saved. But it took over 10 seconds once the button was pressed to save to hear the beep. Works fine now-

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dialing thru the Infotainment I noticed that one can also customize the liftgate opening height using the "Settings" section. It offers 4, factory pre-set different heights that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.