Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to customize the liftgate height?

Alfa owner's manual states:

"Open the liftgate manually and move it to the position at which you want the liftgate to open."
Press and hold one of the closing buttons for at least 5 seconds (successful acquisition is indicated by the turn signals flashing 3 times."

I've owned the car for a few days, and the only way you can open it is with the remote, rear hatch button, and dashboard switch.

How do you open it "manually?"

I then tried clicking the auto open button, then tried to force the hatch to a certain height. I get a lot of resistance. Really don't want to damage the motor.

·
Registered
508 Posts
first of all dont force ANYTHING .... force is not the answer. Second and most obvious, read the manual. I'm sure you will find the solution in there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
owner's manual

first of all dont force ANYTHING .... force is not the answer. Second and most obvious, read the manual. I'm sure you will find the solution in there.
yeah, I did read the owner's manual that's why it's in quotes in my post.
But it's not exactly clear.

·
Registered
508 Posts
really? if its that obscure then take it to the dealer and have them show you. If something is wrong with it then they can fix it on the spot.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Mine custom saved no problem. open with the button, press the button to stop where you want it (you can manually move it after opening a little if you fine adjust), then press and hold the close button on the gate until it beeps.

Now whenever I pull into the garage and open it, it stops with an inch of clearance :)

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Mine custom saved no problem. open with the button, press the button to stop where you want it (you can manually move it after opening a little if you fine adjust), then press and hold the close button on the gate until it beeps.

Now whenever I pull into the garage and open it, it stops with an inch of clearance :)
The same for me, no problem at all

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, mine finally saved. But it took over 10 seconds once the button was pressed to save to hear the beep. Works fine now-

·
Registered
2 Posts
has any one had any trouble opening the lift gate at all? mine will no open with the fob, the button on the door or the latch on the back. if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it greatly.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dialing thru the Infotainment I noticed that one can also customize the liftgate opening height using the "Settings" section. It offers 4, factory pre-set different heights that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts