Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the digital screen between the tach and speedo go out. Just black. Gave it a day, a few restarts and then called to make a dealer appointment. Then on day 3, it came back on. It's been fine now for a week. Really strange. Anyone else experience something like this ?

I'm canceling the dealer appointment. I assume this will not show up on the computer error log.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
9 Posts
I had it happen with both that screen and the infotainment screen at the same time whilst on the road. Stayed off for a less than five minutes then rebooted before I could find a place on the dual carriageway to pull off and see what was going on. Hasn’t happened again since that incident a month or so ago.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is the battery low?
It tested fine when it was in for 40k service at end of October. It could be related to an older battery and cold temperatures causing voltage dip. It was out in the cold all weekend up in Michigan and did fine. No issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My infotainment screen goes black once a month. I just say it’s uploading. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

·
Registered
147 Posts
Apparently, this happens quite often. There are several other threads similar to this. It happened to me but my service guy told me to bring it in so he could update my software. Just like you, then the screen came on so I didn't go. I'm going to wait till 30k service in about 5k miles for this mysterious update. Ever since it came back on, it's been fine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Might get one of the deals that plugs into the power outlet and gives you the voltage.

That can be a low voltage symptom.
That's exactly what I did to help me diagnose a dashcam reset issue, I still have it plugged in since it's a voltage reader with 2x USB charging ports which is also handy and I can keep an eye on starting voltages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts