Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Dashboard disassembly instructions???

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Hoozyadatty 
#1 ·
Hi Members, I was wondering if there is anyone in here who has done any disassembly of the dashboard, or who might have disassembly instructions. I need to replace my stereo module, and I'm assuming it resides behind the stereo display. HELP! :eek:)

#2 ·
There is nothing behind the dispaly. Stereo (ETM) module is located behind the small storage compartment on the left of the steering wheel. In order to get to it, you have to remove the storage compartment (one bolt on the top facing down). Then pry with plastic pry tool. Remove the plastic cover under the steering wheel (above the pedals). It is held by 3 bolts (the hard one is deep at the back, above the gas pedal) and pry with pry tool. The ETM module is directly behind the storage compartment, it is held in place by 2 bolts facing down, to unscrew them you have to go from below. When unscrewed, pull the ETM down to open some space and disconnect all connectors. You may or may not have to remove the kick plate, depends on your skill level. If you have to remove it, use pry tool to pry out the hood opening lever (pull straight, perpendicular to the kickplate), then pry out the kickplate staring from the back of it (under drivers door).
This will get it out, but unless the ETM you want to install is brand new, it will not work, because it has the VIN of the car it came off stored in it. AFAIK there is no way around that, but you can try.
Good luck :)

#3 ·
Hi Members, I was wondering if there is anyone in here who has done any disassembly of the dashboard, or who might have disassembly instructions. I need to replace my stereo module, and I'm assuming it resides behind the stereo display. HELP! :eek:)
Hello Hoozyadatty,
As the Customer Care Team, we do not recommend altering your vehicle outside of factory specifications. However, if you are interested in pursuing aftermarket adjustments, your dealer would be in the position to advise.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

Reactions: Hoozyadatty
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.