Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my official Alfa Romeo welcome just 52 days after taking delivery of my 2020 Ti Sport!

Went to the garage to leave for work, and no signs of life!
Had to call AAA to come and jump start my battery, and drove straight to the local dealership.

They connected the stock battery to their tester, and 2 hours later it said the battery was dead.
Seriously? Car was manufactured in 11/2019. Is the stock battery just a CR23A in a huge shell?

Anyway, The dealership replaced the stock AR battery with a MOPAR.
Can anyone please confirm whether this is a good replacement?

View attachment 20037
Take it to the dealer and have them “Put it to sleep” and make sure something small isn’t draining the battery . My 1 day old died and they had to keep it almost 10 days to find the source and it was in the computer . They had to call engineers from Alfa . It’s fine now and I love the ride

·
Registered
10 Posts
We've had our '18 Stelvio QF for 14 months and have driven it coast to coast and all over the West. The only issue we have ever had is 1 dead battery at the end of January 2020 when it was parked outside at 15deg and this past Monday at Telluride when it was 25deg. Not driving it was not the case as we had driven from southern Colorado during the day. I spoke with a friend who has a Nissan hybrid in CT and he said that every time he went to his VT house last year he had to jump start the car when it got cold. The theory is that to "reduce carbon emissions" the IBS is set to barely keep the battery charged to the minimum to start at, say, 50deg. If you cold soak the car then it needs a jump. If you the auto start/stop option on, and it stops, there is sufficient charge to stat the engine. When I come to a stop light and oit shuts OFF, I know that all is good.

BTW! should the battery be dead DO NOT TRY TO HOOK UP JUMPER CABLES AND TURN THE KEY!!
The instruction manual (who reads those?) is spot on here. Hook up the jumper/portable battery cables AND LET THE CHARGE BLEED INTO THE MAIN BATTERY for like 10 minutes, then push the starter button. I did not do this on Monday and threw a zillion codes which only went away after multiple restarts.

Also BTW we live in PArk City Utah and the car is great in the snow with the Pirelli snows on 20"in rims.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts