Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to unlock my Stelvio this afternoon and head out on some errands, only to find the vehicle was completely dead. In fact, I had to use the valet key in order to open it. I called roadside assistance for a jump start. Nothing! The vehicle was so dead that using a jump pack to try and open the rear hatch to access the battery failed. I'm absolutely dumfounded by this as the vehicle was running fine just a couple of days ago with no prior issues. While the vehicle is only two years old with just 12,000 miles, could it be a dead battery out of nowhere?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I went to unlock my Stelvio this afternoon and head out on some errands, only to find the vehicle was completely dead. In fact, I had to use the valet key in order to open it. I called roadside assistance for a jump start. Nothing! The vehicle was so dead that using a jump pack to try and open the rear hatch to access the battery failed. I'm absolutely dumfounded by this as the vehicle was running fine just a couple of days ago with no prior issues. While the vehicle is only two years old with just 12,000 miles, could it be a dead battery out of nowhere?
It does sometimes happen.....
(Assuming nothing was left on to drain battery)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine took 10 -15 mins connected to another running car before it would charge enough to turn over. The battery was faulty and Alfa replaced it for nothing.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi Johnn Danger,
We're sorry to hear this happened. We'd recommend having your vehicle diagnosed by your local dealer, and if you'd like additional assistance in navigating repairs, we'd be happy to help.

Sarah
Alfa Romeo Cares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts