Good ideas! I turned off auto start for radio. I only turn the radio/screen on after starting my SQ if I want otherwise I just enjoy my drive w/o any distractions. Btw, I also turn off auto start/stop right after starting the engine as a habit now.what about removing/reducing all the unnecessary battery drainage. I've done the following:
- headlights off delay, I used to have 30 and I disabled it.
- greeting lights - disabled
- I disabled the lights when you lock the car with the fob, 99% of times I lock car, I hear it and the rearview mirrors move so I don't need a "third" confirmation with the lights.
- power liftgate - always conscious that it's better to have engine on. so If I need to open it after I parked, I do it from the driver door with engine on, and then close it from the back, but at least it saves one trip under battery power.
- seat adjustments - with the engine on.
- disable the auto on/off after switching engine on (until they make it possible to disable it constantly via software). I think this one is a biggie especially if you drive in traffic or you do many stops (traffic lights etc).