Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Maybe it's everything he mentioned...

But on different cars. All Stelvio's, just different ones.

The BCM is no guarenteed fix..some people replace the battery, and the BCM..still have problems. Not everyone though. The good news is by far most people don't have any problem and most who do...fix it with a new battery and maybe locking the car at night or something simple. Not everyone though.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport. Premium everything. Vesuvio Grey with Red interior
69 Posts
Well, I took my Stelvio to the dealer and according to them, it was my rear dashcam. My front dashcam is hardwired to the front passenger footwell fuse box wiring (see another forum thread) but the rear camera hasn't been wired up yet, so I just kept it plugged into the rear 12v outlet. Apparently, that doesn't shut off when I don't lock the car so it kept drawing power. This is according to the dealer service dept.

I unplugged the rear dashcam, and so far, it seems to have cleared the issue.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
239 Posts
I typically upgrade the sound system in all my vehicles but the electrical gremlins in this one have scared me straight. I already had the battery replaced under warranty and don't want to have any further warranty work denied because of aftermarket products introduced into the electrical system.

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
623 Posts
I typically upgrade the sound system in all my vehicles but the electrical gremlins in this one have scared me straight. I already had the battery replaced under warranty and don't want to have any further warranty work denied because of aftermarket products introduced into the electrical system.
Welcome to the BASS martyr club, you get member number 70, you'll have to suffer with no bass from the rear subwoofer for the time being. Many empathize with you. Although others have said, "there may be a slight improvement if one turns off surround sound" on some tracks.

I'm not an audiophile, I have done too many silly things in the past without earplugs, but that's my unprofessional hearing-impaired opinion. (Admittedly, better ears may easily disqualify it) you should experiment with your favorite music.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I think the power source from the trunk area is hot for longer time than any other power source in our car. I do believe they do go off after certain time (2 hours comes to my head). Anyhow, blaming the dashcam for that dead battery doesn't sound right to me unless the car is used very infrequently and the battery was already weak. I use longer usb line to tap into the front power source for the rear cam. Also my rear cam has a small battery and goes off on its own until a shock to the car, which wakes it up, using its battery. Yours may have it too so get the longer, 6ft micro, usb cable.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts