Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2,928 Posts
Why doesn't anybody remember we had a MAJOR vehicle shortage as recently as 6 months ago. Dealers sold everything they could. PERIOD> You are rich enough to drive a Quad, rent a car for a few days...no biggie. ASK nicely for a few pieces of bling and all is good. You'd think you were like me....7.5months............

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Why doesn't anybody remember we had a MAJOR vehicle shortage as recently as 6 months ago. Dealers sold everything they could. PERIOD> You are rich enough to drive a Quad, rent a car for a few days...no biggie. ASK nicely for a few pieces of bling and all is good. You'd think you were like me....7.5months............
They have at least 75 cars on thier lot - there is no shortage of Alfas. I have had repeated problems - which the dealer seems unable to repair. I had to buy my own reset tool because this thing throws codes all the time. Thats a first for me. I drive a Ram too and a 911. Both have had zero problems. Its simply about Alfa’s choice not support their customers properly. The car is a 2022 with low miles - I have been to the dealer more times with this car than all others combined for the last 20yrs. When I bought the car the seats and steering wheel heat did not function on auto start. They knew it - did not disclose it. Thats BS. Love the way the car drives. Its a dynamic master piece. Too bad they just don’t support it properly.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You have 2 other cars and are whining about getting a loaner. Either you want the car fixed or you don’t.
Im not the only driver in the house - we need the car. I have other choices of what i buy in the future based on my ownership experience. Simple as that. This is the worst in recent memory. Sorry if that upsets you.

· Registered
586 Posts
Trust me, no one is upset for you. You came into a forum and trashed the car we all love, how did you expect everyone to respond?

Your Alfa Romeo dealership experience mirrors my dealership experience with my old BMW. My dealership experience with Alfa had been good enough that I bought the fattest extended warranty I could for it. So, you're blaming Alfa for a variable they have very little control over...

· Registered
656 Posts
Hi there,

We understand that this is not ideal. Loaners are handled entirely at the dealership level and based on availability. Your sentiments are certainly understood. Whenever you do get an appointment in place, we'd be happy to offer an extra layer of support at the time. Please feel free to send us a private message then.

Lex
Alfa Romeo Cares

· Registered
2,928 Posts
Throwing codes all the time.....Tendered all of the time or running local with seat heaters, defrosters, steering wheel heaters on all the time? If so, you are running a chronically discharged battery....kiss of death for many new cars...but you knew that.....

· Registered
104 Posts
Im not the only driver in the house - we need the car. I have other choices of what i buy in the future based on my ownership experience. Simple as that. This is the worst in recent memory. Sorry if that upsets you.
Ha. I’m not at all upset, you’re the one ranting.

So you need all 3 cars. Rent a car for a week.

· Registered
11 Posts
Bummer. Try a different dealer. Mine has been excellent. I've gotten a loaner every time I need it, usually a new ALFA. They even try and give me a loaner for oil changes, lol, but usually I just wait. They've also been great about proactively checking the car for issues, especially now that I've got a very nice extended warranty, lol.

Ron Lewis Automotive in Cranberry (Pittsburgh), PA.
Thanks for correcting to ALFA... I tried correcting someone's post and almost got my head chopped off for doing so.

· Registered
11 Posts
Providing a loaner is dealer dependent, not a factory perk, so those dealers that do offer loaners only have a small fleet. It is the same deal with my dealer (Chicago area), I usually have to make an appointment 4-6 weeks ahead of time if I need a loaner.

There's a dealer downtown (much closer to my house) but doesn't offer loaners and their hourly repair rates are higher than the one I use in the suburbs (Joe Rizza Alfa Romeo/Maserati), worth shopping around if you have options.

BTW, you own an Alfa Romeo, not an alpha something ;)
Thanks for correcting to ALFA... I tried correcting someone's post and almost got my head chopped off for doing so.

· Registered
10 Posts
Bummer. Try a different dealer. Mine has been excellent. I've gotten a loaner every time I need it, usually a new ALFA. They even try and give me a loaner for oil changes, lol, but usually I just wait. They've also been great about proactively checking the car for issues, especially now that I've got a very nice extended warranty, lol.

Ron Lewis Automotive in Cranberry (Pittsburgh), PA.
Did you get the jeep Chrysler extended warranty?

· Registered
2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
550 Posts
I don't know how you said it, but I'd like to think it is the way in which one says it, which is even harder via written form where you cannot display emotions...an emoticon can usually help.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts