Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..

Looking to purchase a 2018 Stelvio. Among these dealers, who do you recommend and why?

Bettenhausen
Napleton
Autobarn of Evanston
Schaumburg
Zeigler

Thank you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Zeigler is Schaumburg; I purchased mine there and feel I was treated fairly. I have purchased two cars from Napleton dealerships in the past, both times were uniquely unpleasant. I would NEVER do business with a Napleton store again.

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Maybe not the exact help you are looking for, but... I was working with a dealer here in Madison WI. Found what I wanted at Bettenhausen in Tinley Park, and their price was coming in $1100 lower than in Madison. They matched price and got it here. So I can't speak to the experience with how pleasant/unpleasant they were, but their prices were some of the better ones I found.

Sean

·
Registered
288 Posts
Evanston, awesome sales, do be aggressive with them. As far as service, I would not recommend. Oh and despite being a small shop, they're the #1 in volume in the mid-west.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Evanston, awesome sales, do be aggressive with them. As far as service, I would not recommend. Oh and despite being a small shop, they're the #1 in volume in the mid-west.
Why would you not recommend their service? Asking because this is the closest Alfa dealer to me, but I can drive it to Schaumburg or Naperville if their service is better.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Why would you not recommend their service? Asking because this is the closest Alfa dealer to me, but I can drive it to Schaumburg or Naperville if their service is better.
Closest to me as well. I don't consider myself lucky for not having many of the minor issues on their Giulia as you can find in the Giulia forums, with a build date in 2018 and many TSBs already applied I've had to take the car in for non-Alfa Romeo related issues. These resulted and expanded into long periods of waiting for them to correct their service department issues. I don't believe they're properly staffed for the volume of cars they're selling which results into poor quality of service. Their service department is shared between FIAT and Alfa Romeo and not all FIAT techs are certified for Alfa Romeo. From what I understand it's not a trivial process for them either considering Alfa Romeo has oversight. I want to believe that overtime many of these issues will be resolved with their techs but the management needs to change as well.

Don't get me wrong, all my issues were always resolved and they always make it "right". It just took way longer than it should have both time I checked my Giulia in. Regardless if I order a Stelvio or SQ, I will still service my car there. They do deserve a second chance and frankly, I'm very lazy to drive anywhere else. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I see that Italian Motors of Naperville was mentioned here! I have no input in regards to their service, but I give the sales department two thumbs down!

The past two weeks, I've been looking for a loaded white Ti Sport. Italian Motors of Naperville had one, so I went and looked at it, and test drove one of their demo Stelvios. The car they had in the showroom was a show car they had used throughout the year, so it had 1000 miles on it, and a few imperfections on the front bumper. They blacked out the wheels, grill, rear badging rear valance and tinted the windows. Once I saw the black out package, I knew I wanted that color combo. I sent the salesman an e-mail over the weekend to see if the wheels were painted or powder coated, and what the warranty was on there mods. No response!

Monday I went in to make a deal on the car. I ask about the wheels, he says they are painted. Then as I'm standing there waiting for him to give me a final price on the car, I see that the front silver V in the grill was not painted, but a terrible vinyl wrap! The edges were not cleanly cut, but folded over and bunched up. Then the rear valance was not painted black, but again wrapped. When I was there the following Friday, I was told there would be $9,000 to $10,000 off sticker! The car was/is listed at just under $43,640 online, a good price.

The sales guy comes back and has me go to his office. Then says the out the door price will be $53k and change! Ummmm that's $10k ABOVE the advertised price, thats a lot of taxes and dealer fees! He then goes on to explain that the car has the black out package and that is extra as it cannot be removed! I'm told that was an extra $3k, the wheels alone cost $1500 to paint, he explains! Remember- wheels are painted, not powder coated, the paint job was poor quality (lots of orange peel) and the rest was a low quality at best wrap! I finally get them to remove the $3k for the black out package but they were still way over the advertised price. They claimed the advertised price was for a lease, not purchase. I then walked out the door!

I know some dealers advertise the price, as a lease price, but this dealership I just found very shady! The whole black out up charge really put me off, especially considering it was VERY low quality.

In the end- I found exactly the car I wanted in New Jersey. I fly out Thursday to pick it up and drive it home. It has more options than the Naperville car, 20 miles vs 1000, and a better price! Then the following Monday I'm taking it to a local, high end, custom shop and having the wheels powder coated black and the windows tinted. All for way less than the $3k Naperville wanted, like $2350 less.

That is my experience with Italian Motors of Naperville, I find it a low rent dealer, that bait and switches! I would certainly NOT recommend them for anything.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just received an email from the sales department at the Evanston (IL) Alfa dealership.
$15,000 off 4 remaining (new, no miles) 2018 Stelvio's in stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts