Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

So, I had an appointment for March 9 to service the Parking Sensor that stopped working with the only Alfa dealer in the greater New Orleans area. Then a few minutes ago I received the email below.

"Mr. Marwan,

I'm sorry to inform you that we are no longer open for business as a alfa dealer. You will have to bring your vehicle to Houston from here on out.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you"

So now it is a 400+ miles, for any type of service, instead of 80. I am speechless, I really am.

Oh Well! :| :| :|

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think we should be expecting more of this, even if Alfa does really well.

Quality Knowledgeable dealerships will be worth the drive and I prefer to fix everything possible myself anyway so they can keep their "Free" oil changes, Tire Rotations, Extended Warranties, Overpriced Parts and Clueless Technicians. Speaking Mostly about Government Motors / GM Here.

Consider what Tesla is doing and I think we can see where all of this is headed.

Much Respect to the quality Dealerships out there and a Big Thumbs Up to all of you!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RH 67,

So, Alfa USA response was that I can only have the car serviced by an Alfa dealer, so it is most likely going to been of the dealers in the Houston Metro. They said that Alfa can arrange towing of the Stelvio to one of the dealers, but I will have to pay for the return towing. Under normal circumstance it is the way to go. You have your car towed to the local dealer, you pick it up. In this instance we're talking taking time off from work, either fly one way, may or may not need a hotel room, may or may not need to take another day off from work, drive 400+ miles back home.

I asked why no arrangement was made with any of the local Chrysler, Fiat dealers to step in and service our cars. The answer was that none of the local dealers have Alfa trained Techs. Oh, well!

Here's a question to anyone who may have an answer. What's Alfa USA's sale last year broken by state? I was able to pull it for the country, but not on a state by state level. I am just trying to see what dealer is going to be next.

Thank You, All!

·
Registered
63 Posts
At least your former dealership had the integrity to let you know that they were closing. The one where we picked up ours is listed on their website as permanently closed without any notification. Yet, on their Facebook ads, they list a Presidents Day sale.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No Alfa trained techs? Did the techs working at the Alfa dealer just disappear? Alfa surely could have coordinated with a Fiat or Jeep dealer to hire one of the techs. Even if there was not enough work for a pure Alfa tech, any competent tech could work on other vehicles like the Jeep Cherokee which has the same engine not to mention the next generation Grand Cherokee which will be on the same platform. Totally unacceptable! I'm worried about my dealer in Albuquerque NM as it is about the same size as NO. If it goes, so does my TiSport, just can't go 500 mi for service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They just opened not too long ago. They did the same thing when they had Fiat of New Orleans. Seems like they would know what they were getting into before jumping out so quick. They also have Maserati, I wonder if that's still there? Bought at Helfman in Houston. they are very good. Live in Louisiana, so I like having a dealer here although I'm still a 150 mi away. Sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Marwan, I'm so sorry this has happened to you. That's just crazy, but it happened here and luckily another dealership just bought out the discontinuing one. I am still going to take my ride to the original place of purchase 80 miles away for my free Mopar oil change next week. I made a new post about it and hope it helps others in my area, southwest Ohio, to become part of the AR family. Don't lose hope.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John,

I don't think they even made a year. They told me they are going to be Maserati only dealer. When I spoke to the service Advisor at Helfman, he went like "When did this happen? They just opened". ARUSA said that a dealer is opening soon in Shreveport. For me, I may as well drive Houston's direction instead and enjoy the stay while over there.

Angel,

I hope the same thing happens over here, locally or in the New Orleans area. The new dealership ARUSA referring to is 260 miles away. Oh, and, nah, I still love my Stelvio. It is such a fun car to drive, given that they should have taken more time in choosing some of the components that they used in it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it's going to be a tougher road to hoe for the Maserati only franchise in New Orleans. Still shocked that they folded so quickly and wonder what the reasoning is behind this. I hope they sell to someone else. First of all their location on the Westbank across the Mississippi river is not the right part of New Orleans where the more affluent citizens reside. Take this with a grain of salt for many New Orleanians going to the westbank is like going to the bad side of town and an inconvenience for service. I feel like that was the problem when they had Fiat of New Orleans which we bought from and they were good people to deal with. New Orleans has always been a pretty big import town with Mercedes being a staple there long before other parts of the country. I feel any alfa dealership has to have at least one Alfisti on site to help the nonconoscenti realize the significance of what the brand represents. Hope this isn't the beginning of a wave of closings like with the fiat only stores. Love our Stelvio and just had to have them pick up the car and replace a tire blowout and the service was good including the Alfa roadside assistance. They sent a flat bed wrecker too. Keep the faith because they are amazing cars!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agree, the location is not the best. I was shocked when I saw it in Harvey. My question is, did they even advertise on TV? Only once I saw an Alfa commercial on TV. It was for a Giulia, and it was during an SNL show!! Didn't catch if it was an ARUSA commercial, or an ARNO commercial.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is worrisome, for sure. Fiat decided to cut back in the Southeast, and I had a lot of trouble getting my Abarth serviced. I gave my 2012 away. There's a shop near me now that services them, so I bought another one, but used and not expensive. I love my Quadrifoglio, which I bought from the only Alfa dealer, which also sells Maserati. I'm happy with the dealership, but there's no alternative to selling the Quad if they stop servicing them. There's a dealership for Ferrari/Maserati very close to me, but they don't service Alfa.

Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is worrisome, for sure. Fiat decided to cut back in the Southeast, and I had a lot of trouble getting my Abarth serviced. I gave my 2012 away. There's a shop near me now that services them, so I bought another one, but used and not expensive. I love my Quadrifoglio, which I bought from the only Alfa dealer, which also sells Maserati. I'm happy with the dealership, but there's no alternative to selling the Quad if they stop servicing them. There's a dealership for Ferrari/Maserati very close to me, but they don't service Alfa.

Keep your fingers crossed.
Here in South Florida it is the other way.....there are 5 Alfa dealers in a 25 miles radius around my home, (lets see next year how many are left!!!)......but if I take it to my other place in Canada it is the other way around..... I would have to drive 1200 km to the nearest dealer in Quebec city.......I don't think the Stelvio is going to Nova Scotia any time soon!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only reason you are seeing a quick shake out in some Alfa dealers is solely related to their incorrect assumption about sales volume. Only the weaker hands are closing, which is not the worst thing, as some stronger dealers are picking up additional dealerships near me. Those larger dealers are much better capitalized and know it takes 4-5 years to re-establish a brand. Just enjoy the opportunity to profit from the closing dealer’s adversity. Once in a generation deals out there right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If Alfa Romeo stays the course they will be fine. There really is a lot of interest in Alfa Romeo in the two weeks that i have owned my Stelio Quad i have had at least ten people ask me about it mostly young men and women. The deals now being offered by Alfa also are not going to last forever.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:

A friend of a friend who owns a Maserati just received a notification earlier this afternoon that they closed the Maserati dealership as well. It was the same dealership as the Alfa's. A google search for Crescent City Maserati yields a result with markings of "Permanently closed."

I wonder if New Orleans will ever have an Alfa/Maserati dealership in the near future.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey all,

Just an update on closings. I just had my 10k service, so I'm good for a while, but just got the following... I know this doesn't sound like a "haul" like it does compared to some in this thread, but it takes a 10 mile drive and gives me the choices of 65 miles or 95 miles assuming the other 2 Alfa dealerships in Wisconsin are staying open. I have no word on that yet as I just received this via email. Nice of them to notify me, but it's the suck. My bigger worry is if I have an issue (heaven forbit) that needs a tow, that my car insurance covers it, but I believe there is a limit on the distance. Gonna have to look into it. It's still early and I haven't contacted Alfa yet, but I will and see what's up. Here's the correspondence I got:

Sean,

Regretfully this letter is to inform you that, as of 5-3-19, Alfa Romeo of Madison will no longer be a franchised Alfa Romeo Sales and Warranty Servicing Dealer. Unfortunately, this means that for Warranty Service we will have to refer you to one of the Alfa Romeo franchised Dealers nearest to you. You can find the dealer nearest to you by contacting the Alfa Customer Care line at (844) 253-2872.

It was out sincere desire to offer excellent customer service to our patrons and we hope we were successful in out endeavors. We thank you for your business and have appreciated having you as customers.

Sincerely,

The Alfa Romeo of Madison Team.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts