Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Totally understand the points of view that do not want to remove their badging. To me, it’s what a individual likes. We have come a long way from when FORD first started building cars and you could get any color you wanted, as long as it was black, lol.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I am enjoying the ideas and variations - thanks and please keep sharing. For me, I enjoy maintaining original stock condition but so appreciate the thing we have in common: these great vehicles in their early market gestation.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It’s a European thing for folks who get company cars (since it’s a non-existent benefit for most in the US we don’t have the frame of reference). Since company/executive leases are almost always for the most fuel efficient engine, folks like to remove the powertrain badging to “hide” the puny engine/diesel shame.

At least that’s how I had the lore of debadging explained to me. I would have ordered a Jag F-Thing without badging if I went that route, but that’s because Jag powertrain badging is super ugly.
With Porsche when you configure the car, debadging is one of the options that you can get. (erase model designation)

And no, for the time being they wont charge you anything for doing that.:devil

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ha! that's about the only thing porsche doesnt charge you for!

With Porsche when you configure the car, debadging is one of the options that you can get. (erase model designation)

And no, for the time being they wont charge you anything for doing that.:devil

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio
19 Posts
Has anyone done a debadge on their Stelvio? I’ve done it on most of my cars. Removing the Stelvio badge in the rear soon
I’ve started de-badging the rear on 2018 Stelvio Q4. I’m using tooth floss laced with Goo Gone. It works.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
And yet, you added something else????

21 - 31 of 31 Posts