Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new on these boards and wanted to get some opinions from all the Stelvio drivers out there.

For the past 10 years or so I have been exclusively a BMW driver. 2 M3's, X3, X5 and now a lease ending at the end of summer on my 435i Gran Coupe. I need an SUV and I am really fascinated by the Stelvio and the reviews of the car.

Anyone out there left BMW for a Stelvio? Please give me your thoughts.

Also, I see on AR website there is a TI performance package available but no dealers have this option on their inventory car. Is it a mistake on the website? I find it odd that not one car has this package in it.

Please let me know. I would love to know the difference before I make a decision. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I was waiting to place my factory order until the performance package came available. The day it showed in the Canadian site in January I placed my order and my car is due here in a few weeks.
As far as I know the US dealers had the pack available around the same time so you'd have to ask about vehicles that are in transit.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My question for you would be what are you looking for in your SUV? If you're a "driver" and handling/performance/fun to drive are on the top of your list, I don't think you'll find a better SUV. If you care more about luxury and technology features, there are better options out there. They definitely put the driving experience first when they designed this vehicle. It's basically a sport sedan in SUV form with the infotainment/technology stuff as an after thought, in my opinion. While I've never owned a BMW before, I have test drove most models and have had many as rental vehicles while traveling for work. I personally come from mostly Japanese vehicles (mainly Lexus, a few Acuras). I decided to give up some of the new technology to go with something that was different and fun to drive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I don't really care about technology. All I need is a backup camera and bluetooth for my phone, which is standard now on every car. I want a driver's SUV. To be absolutely honest, I wanted a Macan but decided that I really don't want that kind of a monthly payment and it seemed like AF covers all bases.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thank you. I don't really care about technology. All I need is a backup camera and bluetooth for my phone, which is standard now on every car. I want a driver's SUV. To be absolutely honest, I wanted a Macan but decided that I really don't want that kind of a monthly payment and it seemed like AF covers all bases.
That was my decision as well, I could drive a stripped down Macan or break the bank getting one with the options I wanted.
Other than interior quality/ fit and finish the Stelvio gives up nothing to the Macan.
I felt the AR looked better and had driving dynamics that were very comparable at much better price point.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sounds like the Stelvio would really be perfect for you. They are doing some crazy deals this month to get them on the road. Not sure if that will carry over to next month so you might want to inquire now.

·
Registered
381 Posts
according to FCA/Alfa Romeo it's an available option on ordered cars.

Ti Performance Package* — includes active suspension, mechanical limitedslip
differential and aluminum column-mounted paddle shifters —

Ti Sport Performance Package* — includes active suspension and mechanical
limited-slip differential

·
Registered
32 Posts
I drove a few BMWs - 335 and X5. The Stelvio is more fun to drive! Go drive one to check it out. I also only need the basics on infotainment so this was a no brainer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tipo,

So the Ti Sport model already includes the Sport Performance package in it? I am finding hard to understand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am new on these boards and wanted to get some opinions from all the Stelvio drivers out there.

For the past 10 years or so I have been exclusively a BMW driver. 2 M3's, X3, X5 and now a lease ending at the end of summer on my 435i Gran Coupe. I need an SUV and I am really fascinated by the Stelvio and the reviews of the car.

Anyone out there left BMW for a Stelvio? Please give me your thoughts.

Also, I see on AR website there is a TI performance package available but no dealers have this option on their inventory car. Is it a mistake on the website? I find it odd that not one car has this package in it.

Please let me know. I would love to know the difference before I make a decision. Thank you guys.
I did. Moved from a 6 cylinder X3 to Stelvio sports Ti. Best decision of my life! Feels much more sportier. I think predominantly feels very nimble and more reponsive. Drives better in snow. I would say that the driving a Stelvio is much like driving in the X3 Sport mode at all time, but better!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Tipo,

So the Ti Sport model already includes the Sport Performance package in it? I am finding hard to understand.
Ti Sport has flappy paddles, a sportier suspension and bigger/specific wheels.

Performance pack adds the LSD and active suspension (bumpy road button).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did. Moved from a 6 cylinder X3 to Stelvio sports Ti. Best decision of my life! Feels much more sportier. I think predominantly feels very nimble and more reponsive. Drives better in snow. I would say that the driving a Stelvio is much like driving in the X3 Sport mode at all time, but better!!!
Thank you. I considered the new X3 but when you add options to the M40i it becomes very pricey. I don't mind paying more but I can't justify paying that much for an X3.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thank you. I considered the new X3 but when you add options to the M40i it becomes very pricey. I don't mind paying more but I can't justify paying that much for an X3.
It probably helps even more to the fact that with how long Stelvio's have been on the market, that used models can be found and for good prices. I sure would consider that if the right deal came up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts