Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a deposit down on a 2018 Stelvio, Black/Red, 19" 5 Hole wheels, sunroof, paddle shifters. Now the waiting begins. Dealer, Rusnak in Torrance, CA estimates early September. Test drove the Giulia and was very impressed and I did not detect some of the minus' mentioned in some reviews, such as steering unable to hold cruising line on highway or the sensitive brake by wire system.

I will decide on lease or buy after rates are published at time of deal.

Meanwhile I'll check on this forum to learn as much as I can.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sweet! I presume they didn't have any build sheets or anything so you're just putting a deposit down for their first allocation?

What are you currently driving at the moment?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! I presume they didn't have any build sheets or anything so you're just putting a deposit down for their first allocation?

What are you currently driving at the moment?

No, I email broadcasted my specific request in colors, trim, and options to a dozen different dealers and asked them to contact me when their allocations showed a car that matched my requests. There were 3 dealers that had my desired car coming into stock within 2 months. My deposit was placed on the exact build sheet showing each option with VIN #.

I currently have a Mercedes GLA at the end of its lease. It is a fine car but does not process the same mystic and soul of the Stelvio. I also have had a wide selection of sports cars including all the exotics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sweet! Early September isn't bad. I'm surprised that their system is able to track incoming allocations with a specific spec 2 months ahead of time. When I ordered my Giulia 6 months ago there were no such system in place, dealers pretty much were in the dark and just sell whatever comes to them. Looks like some good progress was made :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Several dealers were able to give me their full list of incoming cars with all the details. Then i just choose to deal with the dealer who has the car I want.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The time will fly by and it'll be here soon! I do remember the Giulia times being quite dark and not much was said at all. Especially when it came to the QVs and the Ti in the states.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Alfa Romeo most likely learned from their mistakes when it came to sharing allocation information. Didn't even know when the Giulia would be landing on American shores for the longest time.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Car makers need to establish some sort of online cue we can track and view everything on since that will make things much easier for them and us, much like what what you see when ordering something from Amazon. At least then its a smooth process and minimal back and forth like what`s going on in this forum.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That would be extremely desirable, if you put your deposit down, you get access to a cue with ETAs, how many ahead, etc. It would make the process a lot more easy to bare and less stressful.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Highly doubt it happening for now. Plus then you'll lose the surprise factor along with the constant anxiety and wanting to annoy the heck out of your sales guy ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Highly doubt it happening for now. Plus then you'll lose the surprise factor along with the constant anxiety and wanting to annoy the heck out of your sales guy ;)
Oh yeah we have to make it an event and unlike a brand new phone we don't have the fun of unwrapping it.
On a serious note though brands like Alfa will probably work more on the customer experience part more if they cut out all the idiot work.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If deliveries are already taking place, I'm surprised we aren't seeing articles of the first one being delivered. I recall automotive publications taking note of the first man to drive off with the Giulia QV.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Stelvios may still be in transit or what we're seeing on Pennsylvania showroom floors could just be the display models and not for actual sale. So the ones that people have ordered are probably still being produced or shipped.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Stelvios may still be in transit or what we're seeing on Pennsylvania showroom floors could just be the display models and not for actual sale. So the ones that people have ordered are probably still being produced or shipped.
Our local dealer has 3 on the lot, ready to sell.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm surprised they aren't already sold or spoken for. Maybe Alfa Romeo needs to aggressively market the new Stelvio so potential buyers will know that a luxury manufacturer has something they can purchase.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts