Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Stelvio is being powered by a 2.0L turbo 280hp engine for the base model and Ti model.

The differences you'll see between the base & Ti compared to the QV other than the obvious 225hp are :

-Smaller alloy wheels
-Less aggressive front bumper
-Black wheel arches and rockers
-Rear bumper without a diffuser
-Two exhaust tips opposed to four

Base Stelvio comes equipped with standard:
-18 inch alloys
-Leather upholstery
-Rear view camera
-Remote start
-Keyless entry
-Flat bottom steering wheel

Stelvio Ti comes standard with:
-19 inch alloys
-Heated front seats
-Heated steering wheel
-Front parking sensors
-Wood trim
-8.8 inch touchscreen infotainment display

New York: 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio gets 280-hp base model - LeftLaneNews

·
Registered
149 Posts
Two exhaust tips instead of four would look weird in a rear bumper that's designed with four in mind. But everything else on the base models actually look fine and plenty sporty compared to the QV model.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The Ti doesn't seem that bad at all with all of those features. You'll be taking a hit in the performance department but even 280hp is a fair amount especially when you consider that it is turbocharged.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I feel like most buyers would go with the base Stelvio or QV with a few getting the Ti. The list of features for the middle trim doesn't really justify the additional cost unless the difference between the base and Ti trims aren't that high. And they both produce the same 280hp.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can see people going for the Stelvio Ti since it's the only trim between the two that has the optional Lusso Package. But depending on the price difference, some may not be willing to spend so much for extra premium features.

·
Registered
139 Posts
With the Giulia there really isn't too much of a difference between the base and the Ti so I don't see it being much of an issue. But obviously there's a massive jump between Ti and QV for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Some may be able to justify the jump if they were looking into the Ti with all the trimmings, depending on the difference they could just go with a standard QV. Otherwise, I see the base model Stelvio doing the best out of the two lower trims.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Some may be able to justify the jump if they were looking into the Ti with all the trimmings, depending on the difference they could just go with a standard QV. Otherwise, I see the base model Stelvio doing the best out of the two lower trims.
In typical fashion with any high end brand, there will always people looking for the cheaper barrier to entry and that will be it. That same reason will help in making AR a true success with on of its first models back to the US market.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This will be their new bread and butter vehicle, so the base model crossover should have an attractive price tag for what you're getting compared to its rivals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well TI/Super is just a trim level, the difference in price is moderate from the base trim and offer a lot more for such a small price difference. The future 350hp Veloce will fill the gap between Stelvio/Stelvio TI and Stelvio Quadrifogio.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Stelvio is being powered by a 2.0L turbo 280hp engine for the base model and Ti model.

The differences you'll see between the base & Ti compared to the QV other than the obvious 225hp are :

-Smaller alloy wheels

-18 inch alloys
-Leather upholstery
-Rear view camera
-Remote start
-Keyless entry

-19 inch alloys
-Heated front seats
-Heated steering wheel
-Front parking sensors
-Wood trim

There are a lot more differences, for example Stelvio Quadrifoglio has torque vectoring and air suspension as standard

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm sure there are a lot more technical differences but those weren't listed above. Just the things you could visually see and what not. But air suspension does sound great and would aid in a lot of scenarios.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Stelvio Quadrifoglio can be equipped with lightweight carbon-fiber Sparco seats and Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes from factory if you want, something the base and Ti models won't have. There's a lot of difference, but the main one is going to be the 2.9-liter V-6 powerplant under the hood.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Without a doubt. That powerplant is the only thing that really matters when looking at the different trim levels. You aren't buying a QV because of air suspension and optional carbon seats haha

·
Registered
149 Posts
Everything else is just a bonus when you're looking at the QV. I think the QV deliveries will take place first followed by the other two trims as that's what Alfa Romeo did with the Giulia.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it worked out for them they probably will do the exact same thing here. Realistically, is anyone here currently going for the QV ??

·
Registered
137 Posts
Without a doubt. That powerplant is the only thing that really matters when looking at the different trim levels. You aren't buying a QV because of air suspension and optional carbon seats haha
Well, not the optional carbon seats but the air suspension with different settings, torque vectoring, etc etc would make the car more fun to drive......its not only HP or 0 to 60 times....lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
If it worked out for them they probably will do the exact same thing here. Realistically, is anyone here currently going for the QV ??
Actually, I dont know here,...... but there are guys in the Macanforum that may be interested in the Quadrifoglio!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts

-Smaller alloy wheels

-18 inch alloys
-Leather upholstery
-Rear view camera
-Remote start
-Keyless entry

-19 inch alloys
-Heated front seats
-Heated steering wheel
-Front parking sensors
-Wood trim

My Ti has aluminum trim.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
OP's list didn't include the Ti Sport trim, which includes 20" wheels, Aluminum trim, torque vectoring, adaptive suspension. Also both the Ti and the Ti Sport include the paddle shifters.

The only differences between the loaded Ti Sport and the base QV should be the engine from what I can tell, unless the QV comes standard with 21" wheels as I heard may be the case.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts