Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some dirt road footage in the last half of this, I don't know what he's saying but he's grinning - I think whoohoo is pretty much the same in any language.
interesting that the traction control seems late to step in on slow stuff, but must come on quicker as speed builds as no countersteering.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
The feeling is very good, the traction control and stability in D mode is a little bit less strong but in case of trouble the sensors ask for help and stelvio come back into a "Good boy " status

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do hope the quadrifoglio has a "bad boy" setting, preferably like the new AWD M5, where it reversts to RWD only.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would be a shame - and (I think) a big mistake.
bad enough that the "race" mode is only available with a $30,000 upgrade, but sheeit, it really should make it more fun when desired.

even the ford focus has a drift mode

most every test of the 4 cylinder giulia and stelvio has included disappointment that the computers are too intrusive, which is fine of you have the option of "driver control". the raving about the giulia quadrifoglio is largely due to that 4th mode, which turns allows the Alfa to be a true drivers car - something every alfa was and should be.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
I truly understand your point of view but Alfa want warranty the best experience with the Stelvio and Giulia standard models, with a ESP off or a race switch the danger could be big enouth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts