Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the engine bay of the Stelvio and the Giulia is almost identical we thought some of you may benefit in seeing how to remove and reinstall the air filter in your Stelvio.

The video is done with a Giulia, but the process is the same on the Stelvio.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It states there are horse power gains. Do you know how much gain and have you dino'd either stelvio or giulia with the high flow air filter to verify?

Thanks

·
Read Only
849 Posts
I have the complete kit, with washing liquid and the filter panel. friday first test on Passo dello Stelvio, I'm not so sure that the filter panel give to the car more performance or power sensation. I think that the only difference could be the air inlet noise

·
Registered
508 Posts
The amount of air fed to the engine is controlled by the butterfly valve and the butterfly valve operates in tandem with how far you press the throttle.

High flow air filters were developed for RACING and race cars, not every day driving. If you take your car to the track and run it at sustained full speed and very high RPM's you might see a difference. Bur most of us don't drive like that running errands around town, so don't waste your money.

If you need more horsepower and torque, invest in a chip, in which case you will develop other problems over time.

Personally i am fine with the engineering on the Stelvio. 306 ft/lbs of torque @ 2000 RPM for a four banger, is plenty for me. But then again that's just me.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Since the engine bay of the Stelvio and the Giulia is almost identical we thought some of you may benefit in seeing how to remove and reinstall the air filter in your Stelvio.

The video is done with a Giulia, but the process is the same on the Stelvio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e9qEDxkBzY&t=12s
Since you appear to have a Dyno in your shop, please show us a uncut dyno test video with the stock filter vs the BMC (3 pulls each, average of the 3), if it gains HP or Torque, I'm certain myself and other owners will purchase them from you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts