Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the 2020s have the option to open the exhaust valves for louder sound in “D” mode (as well as “Race,” of course).

I thought I read somewhere that there was a software update for the 2019s that made this possible as well. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
30 Posts
BigRosso, I have been chasing this issue for a while with no luck. I am not sure but supposedly mid year (plus/minus)2019 builds have the option to have the Dual mode for D/R modes. A forum member posted that he had it done at the Alfa Romeo dealer of Manhattan.Good luck and keep me posted as i hope this can happen as well as other forum members.

·
Registered
19 Quadrifoglio Trofeo White,black with green/white,Dynamic pack, Pano roof,Carbon wheel, Dark wheel
25 Posts
So I have a 19 and the valves do open in D now. It's definitely something the dealer did when it was in for a waste gate replacement. It did not do that when we first test drove it before all the issues with the waste gate began. I wish I could be of more help but I got no paperwork when I went to pick up my car because service was closed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So I have a 19 and the valves do open in D now. It's definitely something the dealer did when it was in for a waste gate replacement. It did not do that when we first test drove it before all the issues with the waste gate began. I wish I could be of more help but I got no paperwork when I went to pick up my car because service was closed.
IrPilot, what is the build date of your 2019 vehicle?Thanking You in advance!

·
Registered
19 Quadrifoglio Trofeo White,black with green/white,Dynamic pack, Pano roof,Carbon wheel, Dark wheel
25 Posts
IrPilot, what is the build date of your 2019 vehicle?Thanking You in advance!
I just checked and it's manufactured 10/18 so way before the April date that's been discussed

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just checked and it's manufactured 10/18 so way before the April date that's been discussed
IrPilot, mine is 11/18 . This tells me there's a strong possibility my vehicle can accommodate the dual mode in D/R .I have spoken with my dealer before and they know nothing about this, very frustrating.

·
Registered
25 Posts
IrPilot, mine is 11/18 . This tells me there's a strong possibility my vehicle can accommodate the dual mode in D/R .I have spoken with my dealer before and they know nothing about this, very frustrating.
Yeah it sucks. I wish I knew what they did but I have zero documentation because they were closed. I'll try calling them this week to see what they did. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have an early 2019 that I just bought. The dealer couldn’t help either. I bought the Forza. Such an easy install. I find myself running in open mode 95% of the time as it sounds so good. I almost thought I should have just plugged the lines but there are times when I want them closed (drive throughs, early morning, etc.).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts