Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the 2020s have the option to open the exhaust valves for louder sound in “D” mode (as well as “Race,” of course).

I thought I read somewhere that there was a software update for the 2019s that made this possible as well. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
48 Posts
BigRosso, I have been chasing this issue for a while with no luck. I am not sure but supposedly mid year (plus/minus)2019 builds have the option to have the Dual mode for D/R modes. A forum member posted that he had it done at the Alfa Romeo dealer of Manhattan.Good luck and keep me posted as i hope this can happen as well as other forum members.

·
Registered
19 Quadrifoglio Trofeo White,black with green/white,Dynamic pack, Pano roof,Carbon wheel, Dark wheel
51 Posts
So I have a 19 and the valves do open in D now. It's definitely something the dealer did when it was in for a waste gate replacement. It did not do that when we first test drove it before all the issues with the waste gate began. I wish I could be of more help but I got no paperwork when I went to pick up my car because service was closed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I have a 19 and the valves do open in D now. It's definitely something the dealer did when it was in for a waste gate replacement. It did not do that when we first test drove it before all the issues with the waste gate began. I wish I could be of more help but I got no paperwork when I went to pick up my car because service was closed.
IrPilot, what is the build date of your 2019 vehicle?Thanking You in advance!

·
Registered
19 Quadrifoglio Trofeo White,black with green/white,Dynamic pack, Pano roof,Carbon wheel, Dark wheel
51 Posts
IrPilot, what is the build date of your 2019 vehicle?Thanking You in advance!
I just checked and it's manufactured 10/18 so way before the April date that's been discussed

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just checked and it's manufactured 10/18 so way before the April date that's been discussed
IrPilot, mine is 11/18 . This tells me there's a strong possibility my vehicle can accommodate the dual mode in D/R .I have spoken with my dealer before and they know nothing about this, very frustrating.

·
Registered
51 Posts
IrPilot, mine is 11/18 . This tells me there's a strong possibility my vehicle can accommodate the dual mode in D/R .I have spoken with my dealer before and they know nothing about this, very frustrating.
Yeah it sucks. I wish I knew what they did but I have zero documentation because they were closed. I'll try calling them this week to see what they did. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an early 2019 that I just bought. The dealer couldn’t help either. I bought the Forza. Such an easy install. I find myself running in open mode 95% of the time as it sounds so good. I almost thought I should have just plugged the lines but there are times when I want them closed (drive throughs, early morning, etc.).

·
Registered
2019 Quadrifoglio
8 Posts
2019 Quad here... My dealer indicated that he was not aware of a software update that allowed "selective" valve opening in D mode for the 2019. However, he was aware of a software update that allowed "full time" open valves...

So of course now I run with full time open valves. If there does come an update that allows selective valves for D, I might apply it - but frankly I enjoy the sound too much to not have it open all the time... for now at least.

·
Registered
48 Posts
2019 Quad here... My dealer indicated that he was not aware of a software update that allowed "selective" valve opening in D mode for the 2019. However, he was aware of a software update that allowed "full time" open valves...

So of course now I run with full time open valves. If there does come an update that allows selective valves for D, I might apply it - but frankly I enjoy the sound too much to not have it open all the time... for now at least.
Hello Shamrock, what is your build date? I am happy to hear about this thank You!! Is there any specifics in reference to the software update You can share with us, once again thanking You in advance and ENJOY THAT MUSIC!!!!

·
Registered
2019 Quadrifoglio
8 Posts
Hello Shamrock, what is your build date? I am happy to hear about this thank You!! Is there any specifics in reference to the software update You can share with us, once again thanking You in advance and ENJOY THAT MUSIC!!!!
Build date of 12/18 (bought as a demo). I didn't see the specific update code on the check out sheet, but I'll look again and see what I can find.

Frankly, I prefer the volume... it's such a nice tone - who needs a stealth mode. I have push button selection of exhaust valves on one of my other toys and without fail I always turn it on "loud" every time I drive it anyway.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am pretty sure my build date of 9/19 has flaps open, as the difference from N mode to D mode is much louder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm waiting for delivery of my 2019 in a few days. Just wondering - is there any visual indicator that the flaps are open or do you just have to go by the sound?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have an early 2019 Quad.
In D mode, the exhaust valves are closed until you hit high revs (4K+), then they open but close again when revs drop back down
In race mode they are wide open all the time.
No visual indicators .. Just your (anyone close) ears :)

Reactions: buggyvillan

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
63 Posts
I have a Sep 19 build. Even at idle, when i switch from N to D my valves open and it's noticeably louder. Have not made it to Race mode yet so not sure if it gets even louder.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts