Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
I think you maybe wrong about public appreciating the Alfa Romeo. The brand itself is linked to performance, which are again linked with $$$. When I tell them it's cheaper than x5, their eyes widen. Then they go into reliability of the brand. Personally I think Alfa is getting some attention since I see more of them around me. just 2 years ago, I had the only Alfa in the area. Today about 10 house holds has them. Still only 4 Stelvios but still A LOT more than 2 years ago.

One funny thing I found was that it's all driven by male. I think it's because more male drive performance vehicle than female. I mean come on... when was the last time you saw a 60 y/o woman driving a corvette? This is nothing against women but some cars are labeled a 'bit*h car".. I don't think Alfa is one of them. 馃榿

Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
I think you maybe wrong about public appreciating the Alfa Romeo. The brand itself is linked to performance, which are again linked with $$$. When I tell them it's cheaper than x5, their eyes widen. Then they go into reliability of the brand. Personally I think Alfa is getting some attention since I see more of them around me. just 2 years ago, I had the only Alfa in the area. Today about 10 house holds has them. Still only 4 Stelvios but still A LOT more than 2 years ago.

One funny thing I found was that it's all driven by male. I think it's because more male drive performance vehicle than female. I mean come on... when was the last time you saw a 60 y/o woman driving a corvette? This is nothing against women but some cars are labeled a 'bit*h car".. I don't think Alfa is one of them. 馃榿
Noticing a lot more Alfas around Westside of Los Angeles over the past year or so. On the Stelvio side about 50% female drivers. Almost every Giulia I鈥檝e seen has male drivers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most of the ones I see are driven by females.

IMO... Some of the best performance cars are woman's cars. Both the Miata and Boxster are considered woman's cars.

Regardless I was making a joke. Though there is some seriousness in it. Do, genuinely believe, if most people could appreciate Alfa's..... Alfa's would be outselling other brands.

The lack of ability to appreciate the dynamics over the technology is why I think the focus is changing with the Tonale. The current generation of Alfa prioritizes driving dynamics over anything else..... IMO this will be the last generation of Alfa that does that to such an extreme. Mostly because it seems like the average auto consumer doesn't appreciate it. Not saying the next generation will be horrible to drive, not at all... I just think it will be more typical.

Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti Alfa white with Chocolate interior, premium package.
I鈥檓 seeing more alfas in the Hampton roads area of Virginia last few months and they鈥檙e Giulias vs Stelvio 2 to 1鈥. Maybe people taking 2nd look at Alfas down here cuz everything else sells before the trucks unload鈥

Registered
I suspect more than anything else its the former "bad" reputation being overcome one story, one YouTube video, one decision, at a time. The dealership picture started so robust, but has not matured well. Our 2018 Ti has just been rock solid, while my sisters shinny new Yukon is on its second transmission. I bet Tonale will help boost the brand every bit as much as Stelvio and Giulia have.

Registered
Even if they only sell 20K Stelvios/yr, after 4 years there are roughly 80k vehicle out there so we BETTER be seeing more of them...driven by males, females and whatevers............

Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance

Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
So few dealerships that the gen public never get to see one yet buy one, Except for people that are motor heads .The vast majority assumes these cars are $60k + , And if they want to check them out at a dealer ,they are out of luck unless they happen to live
close to a dealer
This. Go somewhere where there are dealers. When I go to Miami, I see a ton of stelvio. Also, the dealerships are typically high end and Alfa is the low end brand there. From what I see on the forum, this results in the Alfa customer being snubbed. I know every issue I had with service access when I was considering buying, I was told "figure it out ".

Now Im buying a Volvo, and their answer? "We will deliver you a loaner wherever you are (they know I live 100 miles from them), pick up your car, service it, and return it. All we ask is that you fuel up the loaner to the level it was given to you at." I literally dont even have to service the car. They do it. First 3 services free. Loaner and concierge pickup and delivery free. After 50k miles, The convenience service is $100+gas still.

Volvo doesn't have a massive dealer network, but they know how to leverage customer service. Something that Alfa has a hard time with, especially Id imagine often being the low end product at the Maserati dealer. This is why the Alfa network of dealers keeps shrinking. Bad CS. Lackluster reputation from the past. No real effort to convince people otherwise or that it's changed.

I think the Stelvio and Guilia are amazing platforms. They just need proper support, and FCA doesn't. At least not in my region.

Registered
I鈥檓 seeing more alfas in the Hampton roads area of Virginia last few months and they鈥檙e Giulias vs Stelvio 2 to 1鈥. Maybe people taking 2nd look at Alfas down here cuz everything else sells before the trucks unload鈥
Matt2172, you should come to my house if you want to see more Alfas in Hampton Roads, there are currently 13 of them there...
Local club dinner meeting is this Monday night at Mom and Pops diner in Norfolk, corner of Bayview Blvd and Chesapeake Blvd. See you there?
Just for the record, my wife bought and drives the Stelvio, personally I don't really like SUVs, crossovers or whatever else they are called this week. I'm also not a big fan of a four-door sedan as my daily driver but I'm thiniking about replacing my SL500 with a Giulia in the next few months. Why could Alfa have taken a page out of BMW's book and made the Giulia a coupe and a convertible as well as a sedan?
Kudos to the local dealer, Checkered Flag Alfa Romeo, Jermaine the service writer and their technicians, they understand customer service and are great to deal with. Two little issues with our Stelvio were correct for a total of less than $350.00 and each time we got the beast back on the same day.

Registered
Matt2172, you should come to my house if you want to see more Alfas in Hampton Roads, there are currently 13 of them there...
Local club dinner meeting is this Monday night at Mom and Pops diner in Norfolk, corner of Bayview Blvd and Chesapeake Blvd. See you there?
Just for the record, my wife bought and drives the Stelvio, personally I don't really like SUVs, crossovers or whatever else they are called this week. I'm also not a big fan of a four-door sedan as my daily driver but I'm thiniking about replacing my SL500 with a Giulia in the next few months. Why could Alfa have taken a page out of BMW's book and made the Giulia a coupe and a convertible as well as a sedan?
Kudos to the local dealer, Checkered Flag Alfa Romeo, Jermaine the service writer and their technicians, they understand customer service and are great to deal with. Two little issues with our Stelvio were correct for a total of less than $350.00 and each time we got the beast back on the same day.
let's try 'thinking', 'couldn't' and 'corrected'. Proof-reeding 101

Registered
This. Go somewhere where there are dealers. When I go to Miami, I see a ton of stelvio. Also, the dealerships are typically high end and Alfa is the low end brand there. From what I see on the forum, this results in the Alfa customer being snubbed. I know every issue I had with service access when I was considering buying, I was told "figure it out ".

Now Im buying a Volvo, and their answer? "We will deliver you a loaner wherever you are (they know I live 100 miles from them), pick up your car, service it, and return it. All we ask is that you fuel up the loaner to the level it was given to you at." I literally dont even have to service the car. They do it. First 3 services free. Loaner and concierge pickup and delivery free. After 50k miles, The convenience service is $100+gas still.

Volvo doesn't have a massive dealer network, but they know how to leverage customer service. Something that Alfa has a hard time with, especially Id imagine often being the low end product at the Maserati dealer. This is why the Alfa network of dealers keeps shrinking. Bad CS. Lackluster reputation from the past. No real effort to convince people otherwise or that it's changed.

I think the Stelvio and Guilia are amazing platforms. They just need proper support, and FCA doesn't. At least not in my region.
Which Volvo? Also considering鈥

Registered
I am not a fan of the 鈥渇ive-hole鈥 wheels either but lots of folks want them. Some to emulate the Quad look perhaps and Alfa has pushed this as a signature look. I like the 19鈥 y-spoke silver wheels on my car.

Registered
I get a lot of lustful looks at my 5 hole wheels.. or maybe it鈥檚 the red calipers. Prolly both , they seem to come together quite well visually and look aggressive. I also like the y spokes on certain color stelvios.. both styles are far better than anything I鈥檝e seen on any other car lately and I really don鈥檛 see either wheel style being a turn off to potential buyer but that鈥檚 subjective.

Registered
I get a lot of lustful looks at my 5 hole wheels.. or maybe it鈥檚 the red calipers. Prolly both , they seem to come together quite well visually and look aggressive. I also like the y spokes on certain color stelvios.. both styles are far better than anything I鈥檝e seen on any other car lately and I really don鈥檛 see either wheel style being a turn off to potential buyer but that鈥檚 subjective.
There鈥檚 few SUVs out there that beat the stelvio in the looks department. The ones that come close; q5, x3/5, xc60, macan all cost more.

Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
To me, the 5-hole rims are about heritage with Alfa. Probably my favorite part of the Stelvio's look.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts