Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Love the five holes for the heritage reasons stated. Traded in my ‘19 Sport for ‘22 Veloce with the 21s. Love this new one, except the DNA switch resetting to N with every restart. Alfa could most definitely help it’s cause with concierge service; afraid their powers that be have rejected that notion for investments in new models, eg Tonale and upcoming EV investments.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
They are investing in new models.. just not bespoke platforms.

Not argument that is unfortunate and short-sighted. The best platform Stellantis has is sources from Alfa.... Doesn't make sense to not let them spread that magic from the smallest to largest. Not to me at least.

Whatever you want to say about Alfa's sales... The Grand Cherokee and Grecale should more then compensate.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sigh.... toyota, mazda, acura and now volvo in Stelvio forum. What's next? He likes the wheels only and yet he thinks he's contributing. It's like saying 'i love those wheels on the Farrari F1, that's it!" Well, buddy, I hate those rims on all those cars you claimed to have owned, So plain and ugly....
When I go to Miami, I see a ton of stelvio. Also, the dealerships are typically high end and Alfa is the low end brand there
statements like that just makes you who you are i suppose... I do see lots of Honda Civics down there all disguised as something unrecognizable.... wonder where Acura fits in your above statement....

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
933 Posts
Sigh.... toyota, mazda, acura and now volvo in Stelvio forum. What's next? He likes the wheels only and yet he thinks he's contributing. It's like saying 'i love those wheels on the Farrari F1, that's it!" Well, buddy, I hate those rims on all those cars you claimed to have owned, So plain and ugly....

statements like that just makes you who you are i suppose... I do see lots of Honda Civics down there all disguised as something unrecognizable.... wonder where Acura fits in your above statement....
Acura has their own dealerships.
I dont see a lot of Acura in Miami. SUV are mostly Porsche, BMW, Audi, Alfa,MB and then just random stuff. At least that's caught my eye. Haven't seen any civics though. Maybe I just don't hang out in those parts.

I haven't been really partial to any of the rims on the cars Ive owned, either tbh. The forged Rays on my 370z were neat to see OEM though.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Acura has their own dealerships.
I dont see a lot of Acura in Miami. SUV are mostly Porsche, BMW, Audi, Alfa,MB and then just random stuff. At least that's caught my eye. Haven't seen any civics though. Maybe I just don't hang out in those parts.

I haven't been really partial to any of the rims on the cars Ive owned, either tbh. The forged Rays on my 370z were neat to see OEM though.
Miami isn't big. Little Havana to south beaches are filled with these modified Civics. In suburbs of Miami, I mostly saw Range Rovers and Jeeps. Maybe you went to a luxury mall since the tour buses stop there? One mall is not Miami, it's just a mall. BTW little havana is downtown.

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
933 Posts
Miami isn't big. Little Havana to south beaches are filled with these modified Civics. In suburbs of Miami, I mostly saw Range Rovers and Jeeps. Maybe you went to a luxury mall since the tour buses stop there? One mall is not Miami, it's just a mall. BTW little havana is downtown.
Mostly hung out near the Gables. For SUV, it was Macan by a long shot for popularity from what I saw, aside from more pedestrian options.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Considering the sales volume, Macan's are pretty pedestrian.

.... That's actually a problem for Porsche's IPO valuation. VAG wants Ferrari valuation numbers but investors seem to feel Porsche's are too common for the company to be worth as much as Ferrari.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Let's face it, a set of black Stelvio/Guilia Quad wheels are the best, most original looking wheels on the market

Reactions: psujwj

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
933 Posts
Considering the sales volume, Macan's are pretty pedestrian.

.... That's actually a problem for Porsche's IPO valuation. VAG wants Ferrari valuation numbers but investors seem to feel Porsche's are too common for the company to be worth as much as Ferrari.
I can see that being the case for sure.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Love those wheels.

.. and Porsche's. Regardless having a massively successful model that is a tarted up version of a cheap one devalues the brand despite the rest

Luckily, or sadly, depending on your perspective... Alfa doesn't really have a whole lot to devalue as they get ready to drop a new model based off a cheaper model, that looks almost the same as a different cheaper model. That also seems as if it has a good chance of being a sales success.

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
623 Posts
Just my take, it's in the perception of the DNA flow, if the Macan had come out first, and then they decided to make an Audi Q5, I can see more justification, but since there was a Q5, and they essentially stuck a Porsche engine in it, but now use practically the same engines and torsen diff it's harder to carry arrogance. The Opel that came to the states as the Cadillac Catera comes to mind.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Definitely true, I think it has to do with perception of who did the engineering.

Which isn't always correct. The Tonale for instance is really more a FIAT then a Jeep.

The Macan really is an Audi though. I believe that's part of why Porsche wants an IPO beside just fund raising, it's to engineer thier own platforms including SUVs. IMO, Porsche realizes if they can't do that.. they will never make a better driving vehicle than Alfa... Or even a competitive one. Not talking speed, dynamics.

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
933 Posts
Definitely true, I think it has to do with perception of who did the engineering.

Which isn't always correct. The Tonale for instance is really more a FIAT then a Jeep.

The Macan really is an Audi though. I believe that's part of why Porsche wants an IPO beside just fund raising, it's to engineer thier own platforms including SUVs. IMO, Porsche realizes if they can't do that.. they will never make a better driving vehicle than Alfa... Or even a competitive one. Not talking speed, dynamics.
I think the question now is: How is Porsche trying to compete? Do they want to post lap times? Do they want sales numbers? I don't even pretend to know the chairman of their board's mind, but it raises the question of...how do they want to compete from a corporate standpoint? I am sure the engineers want blank checks and I'm sure that VAG wants profits.

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
933 Posts
Alfa really did make a beautiful and well proportioned CUV. That said, my taste evolves. I used to HATE SUV's like this, preferring blocky ones like the WK1 SRT Jeep, but now I find them absolutely dated and ugly. Certainly not because I was told to or care what others think, it just sort of happened that way. Now I find myself liking the X6 and X4 type.

·
Registered
29 Posts
@Alfie Just wanted to chime in and say I agree with your comment regarding most Alfa owners (at least the ones I see) being guys. And no offense to the women out there, but the guys are way friendlier. Maybe because the guys tend to be more passionate about their vehicles? I don’t know. I have both my ‘22 Stelvio TI Veloce and my ‘20 4C 33 Stradale Tributo and I admit in this instance I love being in the minority. If there’s anything I hate it’s mundane, boring and ordinary…thankfully there is nothing mundane, boring or ordinary about Alfa Romeo. 🏎❤🏎

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
933 Posts
@Alfie Just wanted to chime in and say I agree with your comment regarding most Alfa owners (at least the ones I see) being guys. And no offense to the women out there, but the guys are way friendlier. Maybe because the guys tend to be more passionate about their vehicles? I don’t know. I have both my ‘22 Stelvio TI Veloce and my ‘20 4C 33 Stradale Tributo and I admit in this instance I love being in the minority. If there’s anything I hate it’s mundane, boring and ordinary…thankfully there is nothing mundane, boring or ordinary about Alfa Romeo. 🏎❤🏎

What I'd have liked to see is a intermediate model between Stelvio and Quad that had some low-end acceleration, for maybe $5-10K more, and more dealership prevalence. The 4 cylinder is slow without a brake torque launch, and I don't think you can BB a Stelvio from a roll without throwing codes. The Quad is otherworldly and while it's very cheap, the maintenance is NOT. Needs to be intermediate option! Styling, they nailed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you maybe wrong about public appreciating the Alfa Romeo. The brand itself is linked to performance, which are again linked with $$$. When I tell them it's cheaper than x5, their eyes widen. Then they go into reliability of the brand. Personally I think Alfa is getting some attention since I see more of them around me. just 2 years ago, I had the only Alfa in the area. Today about 10 house holds has them. Still only 4 Stelvios but still A LOT more than 2 years ago.

One funny thing I found was that it's all driven by male. I think it's because more male drive performance vehicle than female. I mean come on... when was the last time you saw a 60 y/o woman driving a corvette? This is nothing against women but some cars are labeled a 'bit*h car".. I don't think Alfa is one of them. 😁
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m a 55 year old women who drives a Stelvio. I have always enjoyed performs cars and am pretty knowledgeable about them. I live in Nashville and the typical “mom” cars here are Maserati and Porsche. We are just as passionate about performance cars.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts