Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Ok interesting hopefully good news all! I did a rev while in neutral for both D (which should be P2), and A, which is just the same stock A. They look identical, with rev limit at 6000rpm. I am saying good news, because this could be evidence it did not flash properly, which would be an incredibly helpful find - thanks to awesome community here! I just contacted tuner. I will update. We did not disable start stop, and I did not choose pops and bangs, so I can't use those to test.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ok interesting. 'A' should be stock A now, and that revs till 6000 in park, same as D currently, which should be P2. Confusing! Currently, D revs to approximately 5,700 rpm while driving, and A revs to 5,250.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Gotcha. I am doing the flash myself right now. In car currently, just to see whether I get the same result when I do it. Something doesn't seem quite right to me so I want to troubleshoot. I can't tell any difference subjectively between P1 and stock, and P2 I can't tell either really (i.e., I can't tell whether I am experiencing a placebo effect, which makes me think there is an issue as I thought I would be able to notice at least some difference subjectively from stock to tune).

·
Registered
508 Posts
Generally you should see a 2mph or so increase in trap speed with eurocompulsions phase 2 or about 25 to 30 horsepower. Thats what giulia guys are showing in general with some claiming close to stock and some claiming around 3mph.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Realistically, unless a tune either increases overall boost or max revs, you aren't going to see a lot of actual improvement. You might feel it but typically they just move the curves.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Or play with throttle maps to make the customer "feel" a big difference. The 2.0l is turbo limited up top. You can get another 30 hp out of it. Down low you can add quite a bit of torque which helps customers feel the extra grunt around town but it doesnt help the car get better 1/4 mile or 40-100 times.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
I hear ya. For now, since I "think" it was tuned (i.e., rev limiter changed) I will post the Dragys that correspond to the table I posted. As I mentioned before, that will take a bit as I am going to label them to make it easier to sift through. I'll post today though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Ok things are a bit busy here at moment, but I will try to post the Dragys tomorrow!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Quick update. Was talking with mechanic. So great to have someone who works with alfa romeo and who has alot of experience with this specific tune. I called him as I tried to flash it myself again and couldn't figure it out, so I called and he walked me through it. All good now. I think the tune was flashed successfully as you said @bhvrdr. Regardless, I have to do adaptation again now. Mechanic taught me a little about adaptation and how it reaches a set point. Listening to him, I doubt proper adaptation had happened yet, but who knows. I am still going to keep the nice data I have above, and I will still post Dragys. I will do adaptation for 1 week and get to a few hundred miles, then I will Dragy again next weekend and add that data also. At that point I will post all the Dragys (i.e., the Dragys used for the data in table, and the new Dragys I do). Onward!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Been a little slower here as the weekend got busy. I'm expecting to get back on track with things this week. I have all the Dragys that correspond to the table above. I will post those first. Then this weekend I'll do more Dragys. Also this weekend (depending on parts arrival), I'll be adding tires brakes, blow off, intake. I'll post those Dragys also. I have reached 185 miles on the re-adaptation. I'm still not feeling any obvious difference, though I will post Dragys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I am going to start posting the Dragys I did (stock, EC phase 1, and EC phase 2). These are the Dragys I did for comparing tunes. Post #36 summarizes all these Dragys in a table. I don't have a whole lot of time at moment to label the Dragys (hopefully more this weekend), hence why I am taking a while. I have decided to do it in bits. I have labeled the stock Dragys so far (attached).

These are the Stock Dragys listed in the table on post #36 in this thread. I'll label and post the rest (phase 1 and phase 2) by the weekend, when I have some time! When you open the Dragys, you will see I labeled them at the bottom ("out" and "back" just correspond to testing going out, then back, on same road).

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Here are the EC Phase 2 (no other physical upgrades installed yet) Dragys corresponding to the table in post #36.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Q4 Sport, MonteCarlo Blue
68 Posts
The exhaust should help the Phase 2 tune and turbo spooling, but those are improvements already. Nice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Just wanted to post update that I'm still waiting on the Remus shipment. Once that comes I can get all the mods installed. All quiet here until the hardware arrives!

41 - 60 of 103 Posts