Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't drill into your Alfa Romeo Stelvio just to mount a front license plate. This license plate mounting kit is designed specifically for the Alfa Romeo Stelvio*and allows you to comply with state laws without having to drill into your front bumper!

Keep the beautiful styling of the front end of your Alfa while still being able to mount a front license plate and keep yourself from getting a ticket!

More information and pricing can be found on our website
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Alfa Romeo-Stelvio/start-shopping-cid1/exterior-upgrades-cid5/alfa-romeo-stelvio-license-plate-mount-pid7928

Let us know if you have any questions

·
Vendor
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This license plate mounting kit is designed specifically for the Alfa Romeo Stelvio*and allows you to comply with state laws without having to drill into your front bumper!

Your beautiful Italian does not deserve to have her face drilled and punctured but at the same time, you don't need police pulling you over. Well, we have the perfect solution to that problem. The SILA Concepts License Plate Mount!

This mount bolts into the tow hook receptacle for a truly drill free plate mount.

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Alfa Romeo-Stelvio/start-shopping-cid1/exterior-upgrades-cid5/alfa-romeo-stelvio-license-plate-mount-pid7928

·
Vendor
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't let anyone drill the beautiful face of your Alfa Romeo Stelvio, install one of the SILA Concepts License Plate Mounts today!

Most of us are still required to mount a front plate to our vehicles but no one wants to permanently blemish the fascia. That is why SILA Concepts designed and produced this new license plate mount specifically for the Stelvio.

You no longer have to decide between risking a ticket or destroying the bumper!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I bought and installed one for my stelvio Q; on that vehicle it does interfere with sensors, and was removed within 24 hours, as the "beeps" were almost constant.
fwiw, without the plate attached it does not interfere, and if it had adjustability without drilling new mounting holes in the license plate it seems it would be fine, but I have ordered a replacement with designed in adjustability.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought and installed one for my stelvio Q; on that vehicle it does interfere with sensors, and was removed within 24 hours, as the "beeps" were almost constant.
fwiw, without the plate attached it does not interfere, and if it had adjustability without drilling new mounting holes in the license plate it seems it would be fine, but I have ordered a replacement with designed in adjustability.
What did you order?

·
Vendor
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have seen that on a few vehicles and there is an easy fix for it.

If you want to give us a call or email we'll be happy to help you through it and fix the issue.

[email protected] 888-993-7552

The last thing we want to do is sell you something that does not work or leave you with a sensor that is constantly going off.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

·
Vendor
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did call, must be a new fix in the last couple days.
We are going to send you a PM.

No sensors and intercoolers interference.
My way.
Sadly we do not have that option here in the States. There are a few places where the front plates are not required, such as New Mexico, but the majority of the US still requires a front plate to be hard mounted to the forward most part of the vehicle.

Some people keep the front plate on the dashboard or zip tied to the passenger visor but even that is illegal.

So when we got our Stelvio we had two choices; drill it or risk a ticket. That is why we worked with SILA Concepts to manufacture this plate mount specifically for the Stelvio.

·
Vendor
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oddly, my Stelvio came with a factory part that allowed plate to be attached without drilling holes. That being said, the dealership did not know how to use it. I figured out how to attach it and then trained the salesman and mechanic. The piece goes upwards from its bolting points and looks great. The part is black plastic and slightly larger than the license plate. Easy install.

Mark

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Oddly, my Stelvio came with a factory part that allowed plate to be attached without drilling holes. That being said, the dealership did not know how to use it. I figured out how to attach it and then trained the salesman and mechanic. The piece goes upwards from its bolting points and looks great. The part is black plastic and slightly larger than the license plate. Easy install.

Mark
That makes sense. In my case, the salesman delivered the car and had a 'temporary' gadget to attach the plate without drilling the bumper. I told him that for the future, for his other customers, to bring whatever device that is sturdy, looks good and that it can be used permanently to support the plate. Mine also came with what appeared to be an European frame (made in Italy anyway). We could not use it (bolt holes did not match, etc.).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got this bracket, it looks good but the parking sensor interference is too much. The fix is to bend your plate which looks terrible. Ill be on the hunt for an alternative.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Kels, too bad you missed my post on this on the prior page. I too found the madness bracket unacceptable, no refund offered.
I posted about one that works fine because it is adjustable, Ebay item.

·
Registered
38 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts