Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we were out and about this afternoon we decided to stop for some lunch. After parking in the restaurants lot, I got out and pressed the button on the handle to lock the doors. Nothing. I opened and closed all 4 doors and the hatch to make sure and tried again with the button and also with the key fob and again nothing happened. I got back in and started it up, put it in drive and moved a couple feet forward and then reversed back into the spot, put it in park, engaged the e-brake and turned off the ignition. Again nothing at all happened when I pressed the lock button.
We couldn't leave the vehicle open in the parking lot so we ended up driving back home where it now decided it would like to lock again.
Weird.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Sucky random electrical crap probably, hope it doesn't happen again, but IF it does...

Did you try locking it manually with the metal key inside the your car key and the hole in the drivers door?

Just wonder if the failsafe would work or only lock the drivers door.

Otherwise if it continues, probably a sensor, but still strange since I'm guessing it didn't give a door open warning when you started it...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, never thought to try the key itself.
No there was no warning lights or door open warnings. Hopefully this was a 1 time thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got the car for 5 days only. I had the similar problem.

My door can't unlock and lock. Try 30 mins and not help.

So manually use key to lock, works at least.

Go back to the car after 4 hours, everything works again...

I read it somewhere else saying my the car I just brought sitting in Dealer for too long. Build Date 5/2017.

So maybe, I will see if I get the same problem or not.

But as simple as door lock/unlock, this is the only car I had in my previous 10 years that happens. I cant believe that. For a $50K car.

I guess lease is the only way to go for this brand... So far, not much faith in it.

But the drive, is AMAZING...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same thing happened to me. However, it happened to occur at the same time I was trying the "Don't put the car in [Park] manually just hit [Stop/Start] and it will go into [Park] automatically trick" - Needless to say, it did not go into [Park] automatically as I had made the mistake of putting the car in [Neutral] and deploying the parking brake. No matter what you do, the car won't lock if it is not in [Park]. :|

·
Registered
500 Posts
Did this ever get resolved. Have the same issue.
Hello robjarias,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent troubles. We’d be happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point. Please follow up with us via private message at your earliest convenience.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was able to resolve this on my own. The dealership was unable to figure out a solution. It appears that the key fob battery was low. Replaced the fob battery and the issue has not returned since. It is extremely odd that a low key fob battery would prevent the physical buttons attached to the door inside the vehicle from working properly, however I am happy to report it has been a month of trouble free locking and unlocking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The doors on my 2020 Stelvio won’t lock using the driver's door lock control button and the key fob doesn’t work either. Its the only key here so I find it strange.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts