Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Quadrifoglio
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Playing around with my infotainment and found a Drag Race section in the Performance Pages.
I haven’t intentionally raced my car, but there seems to be some data saved.
Does anyone know how to intentionally activate the drag race tracker? Does it just automatically log data when it thinks you’re drag racing?

Automotive design Gadget Font Automotive tire Personal luxury car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think it’s automatic. It has some logic to discard silly long times but anything within the realm of brisk gets logged.

I find torque page very interesting - you can see when your rears lose traction and front kicks in and also you see diff working as you accelerate around a corner as one rear puts out more torque than the other. You can see rears lose traction at high revs even in 3rd gear in a straight line I haven’t got a road to really spin up the 4th. I’m glad they didn’t put silly wide tyres to tame it all - it would really kill off lots of fun.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Playing around with my infotainment and found a Drag Race section in the Performance Pages.
I haven’t intentionally raced my car, but there seems to be some data saved.
Does anyone know how to intentionally activate the drag race tracker? Does it just automatically log data when it thinks you’re drag racing?

View attachment 23219 View attachment 23220
How did you get into this page? and is there anyway you can rev the engine while driving? like shifting to neutral with paddle shifters or the tiptronic?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Has to be face lifted my20 or later. Then it is towards the far right on the screen pages.
Don’t understand your other question? Why would you want to be rolling in neutral and revving other than when stopped?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has to be face lifted my20 or later. Then it is towards the far right on the screen pages.
Don’t understand your other question? Why would you want to be rolling in neutral and revving other than when stopped?
That's to quickly taunt to other to race you. But shifting to neutral with the combersome stick cause a slow start. Anyone knows if the paddle shift can be shifted to neutral like some other cars {by pressing both paddles at the same time?}

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's to quickly taunt to other to race you. But shifting to neutral with the combersome stick cause a slow start. Anyone knows if the paddle shift can be shifted to neutral like some other cars {by pressing both paddles at the same time?}
NAFTA cars for sure no. Others have that capability only at a full stop I believe.

·
Registered
86 Posts
NAFTA cars for sure no. Others have that capability only at a full stop I believe.
Yes slowing down into traffic lights (no need to be stopped) pulling both paddles goes to N - you can roll and rev like a motorcycle if that’s your thing, I am not sure what the highest speed permitted.
pulling right paddle then selects D but you still need to push selector stick to get into M. I stopped doing that as I found myself fumbling at traffic lights when day dreaming. If you don’t mind D then it works nicely.
didn’t realise North Am cars were stripped of this - must be some silly reg like those orange headlight corners.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
261 Posts
Anyone know if MES can change something on a ti sport to bring up the page. Sport has torque wheel pages and stuff but not the performance page. Or change settings to get the neutral with double paddles.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Anyone know if MES can change something on a ti sport to bring up the page. Sport has torque wheel pages and stuff but not the performance page. Or change settings to get the neutral with double paddles.
There's definitely region code that you can change in proxi, this might just do it but i'm not certain as to what else changes for NAFTA cars. I'm sure speed mph/kmp etc.

As far as the "side markers" for NAFTA cars, you can turn these off if you wish in NAFTA cars however, it only works well if you don't have adaptive headlights lol

Changing it will yield a flashing ODO and cluster error light for the adaptive headlights. I'm messed with this for hours trying to turn it off elegantly but no luck.

AND YES, NAFTA is annoying as hell. Just think about how many variations of a car mfg have to design/produce etc. for the whole world. This has to be so costly for mfgs and if anything is a barrier to entry for others. errrf.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes slowing down into traffic lights (no need to be stopped) pulling both paddles goes to N - you can roll and rev like a motorcycle if that’s your thing, I am not sure what the highest speed permitted.
pulling right paddle then selects D but you still need to push selector stick to get into M. I stopped doing that as I found myself fumbling at traffic lights when day dreaming. If you don’t mind D then it works nicely.
didn’t realise North Am cars were stripped of this - must be some silly reg like those orange headlight corners.
Yes my NAFTA car cant shift into neutral by pressing both paddles, what region is yours? and seems to be no programming can be done here?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes my NAFTA car cant shift into neutral by pressing both paddles, what region is yours? and seems to be no programming can be done here?
Mine is uk.
I suppose if you dont mind using both feet you can still do reviving whilst holding the brakes. That is the fastest launch too. But it is not supposed to be best for transmission from what I have heard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts