Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I open my windows when I drive quite alot, unless it's hell on earth hot or hell freezing over cold. And on the buttons where the switch meets the up and down hinge, I notice small scratches. Is this a warranty issue? I don't think the buttons should be wearing out so quickly, I got the car new July 2019. Has anyone has this issue as well? Thanks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Looks like dirt and dust in the tiny hinge gap made the abrasions. I don't have that on mine, but I very seldom drive with the windows down (or lower and raise them much for any reason). Ask the dealer at next service, but I suspect they may tell you it is a wear and tear item.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'de second that.

Although...I get alot worse dust then your picture and use the windows regularly (not always but..well..I do eat at drive-thrus way too often...) mostly during summer nights, and don't have any wear like that.

If it were me, I'de blow all the cracks out with compressed air and clean the car real well, then make an appt. at the dealer to have it looked at in a day or two. Let the interior get a little used and not freshly cleaned but keep the switches free of dust. Then see what the dealer says. Wouldn't mention I use them alot.

Realistically there is a chance your switches have bad tolerances and the crevice is too small causing the problem..which would be warranty. Gotta let the dealer decide that on thier own by not giving them another option if possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts