Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Stelvio Ti Sport for about a week and love it, with one exception: I can't find a comfortable driving position. I'm short -- about 5'4 -- and whilst I can find configurations that "work" I can't find something that is truly comfortable. The driving position in my previous car, a VW Golf GTI 2015, was perfect.

I'm having trouble pinpointing the exact problem, but some examples:

- If I move the seat forward enough to rest my left foot on the dead pedal my right leg is uncomfortably bent to the point where I can't easily use the brake/accelerator
- If I ignore the dead pedal and move the seat down and back enough so that the brake/accelerator usage is comfortable I can't see over the hood (and the steering wheel is too high for my liking as it doesn't adjust downwards enough)

I've taken to living with something in the middle at the moment, which works, but isn't especially comfortable. Are there any other short drivers out there with similar issues, or is it just me? Any tips on what worked for you?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm really short, not quite 5' and I've found a comfortable setting in my seat. It's higher off the floor and not quite all the way forward. I was very concerned about how I would fit in the car and the dealer allowed me to take it for 24 hours before purchasing.

I have a Ti, not a sport though. I suspect the sport seats have a different configuration with the bolsters.

Good luck with finding the sweet spot!

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
5'5" here and this is an issue in some vehicles however after a few weeks, for me, it is very comfortable- and like you my spot is away from the footrest. It's a matter of getting acclimated and adapting at least in my case. I am aware of some criticism that seat height pivots at the front as a fulcrum but from my POV I wouldn't change a thing. So it is my best hope you agree in time and enjoy your car!

·
Registered
12 Posts
5'2" and I've found a comfy spot. Raising the seat really helped with the seeing over the hood issue like DFW Atch said above. Sometimes I feel a little too far away from the accelerator but I like the arm length. Love that there are three saved setting options so maybe pick three and rotate depending on how you're feeling that day? Also, that post was from 2017 so I hope you found a good spot 😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts