Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Stelvio Ti Sport for about a week and love it, with one exception: I can't find a comfortable driving position. I'm short -- about 5'4 -- and whilst I can find configurations that "work" I can't find something that is truly comfortable. The driving position in my previous car, a VW Golf GTI 2015, was perfect.

I'm having trouble pinpointing the exact problem, but some examples:

- If I move the seat forward enough to rest my left foot on the dead pedal my right leg is uncomfortably bent to the point where I can't easily use the brake/accelerator
- If I ignore the dead pedal and move the seat down and back enough so that the brake/accelerator usage is comfortable I can't see over the hood (and the steering wheel is too high for my liking as it doesn't adjust downwards enough)

I've taken to living with something in the middle at the moment, which works, but isn't especially comfortable. Are there any other short drivers out there with similar issues, or is it just me? Any tips on what worked for you?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm really short, not quite 5' and I've found a comfortable setting in my seat. It's higher off the floor and not quite all the way forward. I was very concerned about how I would fit in the car and the dealer allowed me to take it for 24 hours before purchasing.

I have a Ti, not a sport though. I suspect the sport seats have a different configuration with the bolsters.

Good luck with finding the sweet spot!

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
5'5" here and this is an issue in some vehicles however after a few weeks, for me, it is very comfortable- and like you my spot is away from the footrest. It's a matter of getting acclimated and adapting at least in my case. I am aware of some criticism that seat height pivots at the front as a fulcrum but from my POV I wouldn't change a thing. So it is my best hope you agree in time and enjoy your car!

·
Registered
15 Posts
5'2" and I've found a comfy spot. Raising the seat really helped with the seeing over the hood issue like DFW Atch said above. Sometimes I feel a little too far away from the accelerator but I like the arm length. Love that there are three saved setting options so maybe pick three and rotate depending on how you're feeling that day? Also, that post was from 2017 so I hope you found a good spot 😂

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everyone, I just picked up a 2020 Ti with the sports seats and am having trouble finding a seating position that doesn’t jut my neck forward. I found the headrest isn’t movable :/ so trying to offset that some other way. I’m 5’10, 160lbs and my head seems to hit right at the Alfa logo on the headrest

also, does anyone know if the bolsters break inover time, I’ve found some mixed comments throughout the forums?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, Q4, Tricolor White,
35 Posts
I told my wife, (a very seriousness conversation) that the Stelvio is designed for people 5'6" and taller, and that she should have/let me drive the car all the time. I stated that she is too short (5'2") to enjoy the full potential of the car. Unfortunately, she has found a seat position that she likes and is comfortable to drive for long periods of time. She has her seat position stored in memory button 1.
Her only complaint is that we have the Sport TI seats and she finds that the taller side bolsters are uncomfortable for her to get into and out of the car.

OTOH, I can take corners faster because with the side bolsters in the passenger seats, she is not thrown around side-to-side as much as other cars we own.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
166 Posts
For what it's worth, I am 5"10 so more or less the average-sized male. For whatever reason, it took many small adjustments over a long period of time for me to find a truly comfortable seating position in my Ti Sport. The very large, aggressive bolsters add to the complexity but as others have said, they really do secure you through the twists and turns. It's certainly worth spending the time tinkering with the adjustable settings to find what's most comfortable although it admittedly took more work than I have experienced before.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Wow, I have 2 completely different settings. Love'm. The adjustable thigh extension is wonderful. All cars should have this. At 5 4, I'd have it fully compressed for daily usage. Its amazing how many folks I have had to teach about proper driving positions at the track. Using the dead pedal as your guide is the least important item!
#1 is wrists laying over top of wheel. So you start with adjusting the recline.
#2 is nice bend at elbows. 45 degrees means you are grossly overextended. Try 20-30 degrees.
#3 is adjust seat bottom so you have comfortable full range on gas pedal, which in turn, will lead to the brake position being nice.
#4 I'd rather see you add a block to dead pedal but question why.
#5 Sounds to me like you have the seat reclined too far...a major bad ergonomic, slouching American problem. If sitting nicely upright with arms positioned properly the bolsters, magically will be SWAEET!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts