Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fantastic! Picked up our Stelvio Black Friday at Main Line Alfa Romeo DiAmbrosio in Malvern PA. Black with stunning chocolate interior. A Jeep loyalist, the new GC is larger and I couldn't find a good seating position. The Cherokee is way too much of a compromise to even consider it. Wife fell for Volvo XC60 and we were ready to pull the trigger and then This Happened. She tends to be the emotional buyer and I'm more rational. Stelvio presses every button for both of us and out of the wrapper is a well equipped machine and we are both thrilled + sized perfectly for our family + is still loyal to FCA which is presently a 'strong buy' and exceptionally well-managed company. I researched carefully and (except the user interface for the radio/navi, a slight compromise) plan to enjoy every aspect. I hope to see lots of them in our local market but for the first time in my life am the first kid on the block to enjoy it. Note: The first problem cropped up as I pulled into the driveway yesterday so it will be a test of Alfa's and the dealer's commitment to build a reputation. More on that in another thread. Ciao for now!

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Welcome aboard, be the first sometimes is bad but for my point of view could be interesting and plenty of satisfactions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi - all - new to forum but I have been following the evolution of the Stelvio. I owned 2 Alfa's in the late 70's and traveled to the Stelvio Pass as a teenager so I feel properly positioned to jump back on the Alfa team with the Stelvio.

Can I please ask how the buying experience at D'Ambriosio's was? If I buy that is where I will go. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OlderAlphaFan: It was a great experience. Edgar Floyd (Sales Manager) and Joel (GM) went out of their way to accommodate us; the whole experience was a blast. Many nicely equipped units in a wide range of colors in stock (about 55). I was told the lead tech is specially trained and involved with the development of accessories. My wife worked for Jeff many years ago and both here and Jeep have treated us like family. Good luck + look forward to hearing about your acquisition.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks

I am several months from taking action - my existing lease terminates in June so I am using the time to see how the Stelvio's reliability plays out. Hopefully the future holds a Ti Sport for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts