Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing an early build Ti Sport, ordered by dealer in February 2017. Have there been any equipment, software or feature changes to the car since then, other than the widely discussed CarPlay issue? Any evidence of worse build quality on earlier cars. One strange thing I noticed is that the car has the Driver Assist Dynamic Package (AJJ), bu too the Driver Assistance Static Package (AJC). It is not possible to configure a car like that on the Alfa website.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Builds should be about the same quality. Expect battery issues because it sat so long and a couple of recalls for water intrusion. Static package has to be specified as part of dynamic, all Stelvios with the dynamic driver assist would have it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Builds should be about the same quality. Expect battery issues because it sat so long and a couple of recalls for water intrusion. Static package has to be specified as part of dynamic, all Stelvios with the dynamic driver assist would have it.
The configurator indicates that the static package has to be specified, as you suggest. But the car's invoice indicates otherwise. That has me perplexed.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The driver assistance static can be added just by itself. The drivers assistance dynamic can only be had along with the static package.

The only hardware that is different in new models is the radio unit and support for Apple/ Android.
New features are available to order but the vehicles are the same and any software updates and recalls (like the 2 water intrusion issues) should be done on that early build.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The configurator indicates that the static package has to be specified, as you suggest. But the car's invoice indicates otherwise. That has me perplexed.
That is a little odd. My build sheet shows both packages listed separately.
It can't be ordered with out it but it would be a very easy thing to verify if the vehicle has the blind spot monitoring.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Invoice might have an error. Try appending the VIN to the below link to pull the window sticker. Mine has both on the sticker and on the invoice. The packages currently have some dependency. It’s wholly possible the earliest builds could have one without the other.

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=<vin goes here>

·
Registered
534 Posts
Easy to verify if you have the blindspot/ cross traffic sensors

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Invoice might have an error. Try appending the VIN to the below link to pull the window sticker. Mine has both on the sticker and on the invoice. The packages currently have some dependency. It’s wholly possible the earliest builds could have one without the other.

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=<vin goes here>
Thanks for that link. Entered the VIN and you can see that there is not Driver Static Package

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZASFAKNN1J7B77387

Too bad, since the Blind Spot warning is more valuable to me than these other features.

·
Registered
381 Posts
early build date

My Stelvio TI has the optional Driver Assistance Static Package plus the optional Driver Assist Dynamic Plus Package with a build date of June 2017.

I took delivery in October, 2017 and happy to report, ZERO problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Driver Assistant Static or Dynamic Plus

My Stelvio TI has the optional Driver Assistance Static Package plus the optional Driver Assist Dynamic Plus Package with a build date of June 2017.

I took delivery in October, 2017 and happy to report, ZERO problems.
I am curious if you had to choose between the 2 packages, which do you find more useful?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Forget which is which but the one with the collision avoidance hands down. The other one has the windshield feature though so for us it had to be both (for different reasons). Payback is fast due to insurance savings a $$ no brainer. And who knows? It could prevent an accident.

·
Registered
381 Posts
more useful?

I am curious if you had to choose between the 2 packages, which do you find more useful?
Driver Assistance Static Pck. $650.00

Probably having the blind-spot monitors on the side mirrors. Very useful and has saved me from an accident. This feature will likely be mandated for all cars by the Feds in the future, just like rear view cameras. (which was just announced in the press)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts