Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided to try out one of the Eurocompulsion Heat Exchangers. It’s been hot all summer and have noticed power drops in my past turbo cars. I’ve always installed larger intercooler as in my previous high performance vehicles. Obviously our Alfas Quads are a little different air to water intercooler. i recently red a long post by BHVRDR on the Giulia form and he talked about the benefits of having more coolant and larger serface area intercooler/heat exchanger.

If anyone is interested and can walk me through it I can try to do some testing and publish the results here.

let me know
Scott
Font Gas Bicycle part Machine Cylinder

Gas Rectangle Font Radiator Grille

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Congratulations.

Id do controlled conditions datalogging.

1. Make sure you note the ambient weather variables (temp, humidity, altitude, barometer)

Then make sure you use the same ratio of coolant to water. If you use full water and super coolant wity the new hx installed youll never know if it was using the more efficient fluid tyat made the change or the hx itself.

Then id run datalogs on:

1. Rpm
2. Throttle pedal position
3. Ambient temp
4. Intake Air temperature
5. Low temp coolant temperature
6. Actual timing
7. Mass air volume

Id do the testing in the identical area (slope) and direction (go either with the wind or against the wind but do the same for both)

Then do the same testing.

1. Very important is the starting IAT of each test cycle you do. If you start one test cycle after cruising at 60mph to the test site abd another test cycle after idling for 10 min messing with the telemetry equipment your results will be completely useless.

Start both tests then after cruising at 60mph then for 3 measured minutes or something to get baseline iat down.

2. . Lets say now do a normal stress test from 0mph
to 130mph. Record starting and ending values

3. Follow the acceleration test by 5 meaured minutes of idling. The heat soak test. Record values after idle

4. Next do a final cruise test / recovery test cruising at 60mph for 1 min after the heat soak test. Record values.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts