Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just wanted to share a few photos of my Eurocompulsion V2 intake installed..

Big shoutout to Chris @ Eurocompulsion for coming through with another excellent product!

Fitment and finish is top notch as always..

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Looks great, love to add the red one to mine but ends up being about $655 CDN with shipping and exchange. Ouch.

Do you notice increased intake sound/ turbo?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great, love to add the red one to mine but ends up being about $655 CDN with shipping and exchange. Ouch.

Do you notice increased intake sound/ turbo?
There is definitely a noticeable increase in the intake/turbo spooling sound accompanied by a "whoosh" blowoff sound whenever the throttle is released..

·
Registered
228 Posts
NYSTELVIO, why did you chose Eurocompulsion V2 intake versus Madness Autowords intake system? Both systems appear similar except for what appears to be a non-enclosed paper air filter on the Eurocompulsion versus an enclosed BMC oiled cotton air filter on Madness Autoworks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NYSTELVIO, why did you chose Eurocompulsion V2 intake versus Madness Autowords intake system? Both systems appear similar except for what appears to be a non-enclosed paper air filter on the Eurocompulsion versus an enclosed BMC oiled cotton air filter on Madness Autoworks.
JimW,

I went with the Eurcompulsion V2 as I had excellent previous experiences with them during my Fiat Abarth days and this intake continues to impress me...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also FYI the Eurocompulsion V2 setup does not use a paper filter but an oversized cotton cone filter made specifically for this application.

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/alfa-romeo-stelvio-engine/products/eurocompulsion-v2-air-induction-system-alfa-romeo-stelvio-2-0l

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ordered this as well. How difficult was it to install? From the instruction video it looks pretty straight forward. Also, do you have any videos of the sounds that you can share ?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ordered this as well. How difficult was it to install? From the instruction video it looks pretty straight forward. Also, do you have any videos of the sounds that you can share ?
Extremely easy and straightforward to install.

Plenty of room in the engine compartment to work with.

Should take 20-30 min tops if you have the proper tools and any basic mechanical knowledge..

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
Please comment on performance changes or increase when you have a sec. Cost vs. benefit? THANKS

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please comment on performance changes or increase when you have a sec. Cost vs. benefit? THANKS
Not sure of the performance gain as I only drove the car for about 100 miles before installing the intake however I do love the fact that I can hear the turbo spool quite loud and it definitely pulls smoothly and I find myself bouncing off the rev-limiter often.

The cost is not bad considering the quality of the components and the fitment is spot-on..

All in all I highly recommend it.. The intake definitely changed the way I feel about the car as when I first drove it home it was WAAAY too quiet and subtle for me...

·
Registered
290 Posts
You need to let your ECU adapt, you may not notice huge changes right of way. Assuming optimum temperature for the turbo, the gains are very noticeable and much of the turbo lag is removed. If you combine this with the EC pedal-go, it's almost completely gone unless it's 95F outside and your turbo is sluggish.

If it's anything like the the Giulia (I have it installed), the vacuum is very loud and outside pedestrians can easily hear it. I do get weird looks vs. looks of being impressed.

Turbo blow off valve now exists but the vacuum noise is still there. My wife definitely makes fun of me every time we get in the car and she hears it, and the constant looks of a weirdo always hit a nerve. I have ordered a whole new intake system that is actually enclosed from aFe, I expect deliver anytime now and will post my results. The expectations are reduced noise at a small expense of performance.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You need to let your ECU adapt, you may not notice huge changes right of way. Assuming optimum temperature for the turbo, the gains are very noticeable and much of the turbo lag is removed. If you combine this with the EC pedal-go, it's almost completely gone unless it's 95F outside and your turbo is sluggish.

If it's anything like the the Giulia (I have it installed), the vacuum is very loud and outside pedestrians can easily hear it. I do get weird looks vs. looks of being impressed.

Turbo blow off valve now exists but the vacuum noise is still there. My wife definitely makes fun of me every time we get in the car and she hears it, and the constant looks of a weirdo always hit a nerve. I have ordered a whole new intake system that is actually enclosed from aFe, I expect deliver anytime now and will post my results. The expectations are reduced noise at a small expense of performance.
You are spot on with the "vacuum" noise..

I have a manned parking garage in my building and every time I pull in people move out of the way and take a second look!

·
Registered
290 Posts
You are spot on with the "vacuum" noise..

I have a manned parking garage in my building and every time I pull in people move out of the way and take a second look!
Don't know how else to describe it... It's like 10 Dysons going to town, coupled by the echo of the engine compartment... It's a complete mess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ttaidapos - interested to hear how you like the aFe intake once you have it installed. I am looking for a relatively quiet intake that still nets me some decent performance gains.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone saying the V2 intake is a cake walk to install is crazy or was lucky. Took me like an hour and a half... getting stock airbox out was hardest part and getting BOV to connect was also hard.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
???I did the V1 only and even with my pipe adjustments was done in 30 minutes. Bolts for airbox hard to get to??

·
Registered
82 Posts
???I did the V1 only and even with my pipe adjustments was done in 30 minutes. Bolts for airbox hard to get to??
To me removing the Airbox from the bracket was hard as it requires a lot of muscle and I didnt know if it would break. If instructions were clearer in what to expect I would have been done in maybe 45 mins. But the I pulled and pulled and was afraid to break it so I would stop. Until I said F'it... and just pulled harder and it came off.

Instructions are horrible!!! The Video is not much use either... instead of music they should talk through it.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
F it is very important during many removal processes!!! Like rear exhaust hangers and my utility knife!
I stayed V1 to avoid the Dyson affect.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts