Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been posted before but I had not seen it. Link is https://maps.mopar.eu/en/home mapupdate.PNG

Just uploading to Millie now so I have no idea if there is a whole new motorway included. It would be nice if it called motorways by their name instead of expressways but that is a minor irritant.

Enjoy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9GB gives us all the European mapping in one file.

I used a USB3 stick and installation was nearer half an hour. Not very green to have to leave the engine running but I understand the logic.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Apologies if this has been posted before but I had not seen it. Link is https://maps.mopar.eu/en/home View attachment 5842

Just uploading to Millie now so I have no idea if there is a whole new motorway included. It would be nice if it called motorways by their name instead of expressways but that is a minor irritant.

Enjoy
Since you now have a new update, we here in the US will get ours next year. That seems how Alfa has been doing it, but we do not have access to do the download ourselfs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can I ask, once you've downloaded the maps to a stick, is there a process for uploading to the car in the menu? I imagine it will be in the handbook, but I'm at work and don't have it with me. The maps are a bit of a let down. My 4 year old Ford Ranger pickup has traffic and updates and the current map on the Stelvio doesn't even show a dual carriageway near me that opened over 2 years ago! That said, I managed fine without sat nav for years, so err, mustn't grumble.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
yes, into the navigations menu you can go in system, version check and version update, the head unit check the usb stick and if is all ok start the procedure

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I downloaded maps and license file. Start process and get "USB not contain map update file"
Am I doing something wrong?

THNX

·
Read Only
849 Posts
pay attention, the usb stick is NTFS formatted ?
have you touch the files ?
europe.x.meta.dct
map00223.bin

no other files in root only this 2

·
Registered
67 Posts
NTFS as mentioned before. I started the European update before setting off, ca. 35m later it was done - takeaway is that you can do this whilst driving...

·
Registered
763 Posts
I am in the States with a build date of 7/17 when asking the dealer about a map update, I was told none are available. I called Alfa Care and asked about why after just at a year, no updates are available. They took my information and opened a "request", I was called back yesterday and the rep told me Alfa stated they would have an update for my vehicle in a few months. I was not surprised by that information, I just added it to another reason not to consider another Alfa Romeo. Yes, I use Google Maps, Apple Map or waze, but should not have to do that.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts