Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
pay attention, the usb stick is NTFS formatted ?
have you touch the files ?
europe.x.meta.dct
map00223.bin

no other files in root only this 2

Hi everybody,

have the same problem on my 2017 Stelvio.
I did everything as described here, but I always get the message that "USB not containing map update file"

The only difference I noted is that when dowloading the license from mopar site it is in the format: Europe-1019.meta.dct instead of europe.1019.meta.dct

Should I try to rename it eventually?

Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
As said before, you need an USB stick of sufficient size (max 64 GB), formatted as NTFS
Put the 2 files (map and license file for your car) on the stick (do not rename, no sub-directories)
Start the engine (make sure auto start/stop is disabled) and select map update
Wait for update to finish, you can drive whilst update is taking place. Update takes approx 70 minutes on "old" systems, 30 minutes on "new" .

Note: Make sure there are NO other usb devices in any of the other USB ports, this will confuse the system.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
As said before, you need an USB stick of sufficient size (max 64 GB), formatted as NTFS
Put the 2 files (map and license file for your car) on the stick (do not rename, no sub-directories)
Start the engine (make sure auto start/stop is disabled) and select map update
Wait for update to finish, you can drive whilst update is taking place. Update takes approx 70 minutes on "old" systems, 30 minutes on "new" .

Note: Make sure there are NO other usb devices in any of the other USB ports, this will confuse the system.....
Thanks! It works now... the error was that I was putting the USB in the front slot and not in the internal one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks! It works now... the error was that I was putting the USB in the front slot and not in the internal one.
It should have worked anyway, as long as there was nothing in the other slots.... However, good that it's solved for you :)
Only the rear slot (at least in the giulia) is power only, so that cannot be used for media....

·
Registered
22 Posts
new owner here - sorry if these are age old questions but....how do I know if the new map is different to the one I have?

My car is only 1 week old and I used the link in the first post and entered my VIN and it said new map available. I cant see any version number though?

My current map is 971.7832 Europe and dont want to go through all this hassle to find its the same map?

Many thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you log on to the website, it gives you the map version. Currently :
Geographic area: Europe
Latest version: 1026
Release date: 2019-03-01
Size: 10.6GB

So a lot newer then what you have now by a few versions.....

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks - the numbers were soooo far apart I missed that! Crap, they obviously didnt update any of the bloody software. I'll do the maps but it looks like my system version is quite out of date as well according to another thread. Back to the dealer I guess.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
thanks - the numbers were soooo far apart I missed that! Crap, they obviously didnt update any of the bloody software. I'll do the maps but it looks like my system version is quite out of date as well according to another thread. Back to the dealer I guess.....
Don't know how old your infotainment firmware is, but if it's one of the first versions numbered 001.xxx.xxx , you cannot update maps untill you update the system to firmware 002.xxx.xxx first .....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the warning - just checked and mine is a 002. so hopefully it will work. Would have done it this morning but being mostly mac based gave me major disk formatting hassles. Hopefully will have an hour long run mid-week so will get it updated then.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks for the warning - just checked and mine is a 002. so hopefully it will work. Would have done it this morning but being mostly mac based gave me major disk formatting hassles. Hopefully will have an hour long run mid-week so will get it updated then.
Heard from some people lately that Mac Extended Journaled format also works ......

21 - 36 of 36 Posts