Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

European Stelvio purchase

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  exmud 
#1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if there are any of our European forum members who would like share their experiences with buying an Alfa Romeo Stelvio in their home country?

We know for the most part, the purchase experience is different from buying a car in the US where most dealers have vast amounts of inventory to choose from. And, where is deep discounts off the factory list price to move the slow selling cars.

We have members in the UK, France, Italy and a few more....

* Did you have to order the car? > * How long did it take?
* What, if any inventory did your local Alfa Romeo dealer have?
* Did you get a discount from the factory list price? > *If so, how much did you get?

Euro Stelvio owners, please share what you came across!

#2 · (Edited)
I live in the south of France and ordered my Stelvio from an Alfa Romeo dealer in Marseille.

I ordered my Stelvio 2.2D in 2017 on May 2nd.
The basic price was 49,200 euros and the options amounted to 13,370 euros for a total of 62,570 euros.
I obtained a commercial rebate of 14% or 8,764 euros in a professional capacity (some professions in France - doctors, lawyers, business leaders ... - benefit from the premium manufacturers specific discounts because the contsructeurs want these specific professions are image vectors) otherwise the standrd discount was 4%.

The price actually paid was therefore 53,806 euros to which were added various administrative costs for 1,194 euros, a total of 55,000 euros

The delivery took place on July 28 with 4 weeks late.

As the exterior sport pack (grille, rims, mirror caps, bottom of the rear bumper in anthracite gray) was not available when ordering in May but only from August, the dealer, for commercial purposes , ordered it and made me pay only factory price of 1,100 euros instead of 2,300 euros.

#4 · (Edited)
As one can tell, prices in France, at least, are a bit more expensive in the US. Assuming the model purchased was a TI Sport, 53,806 euros = $64,029. Of course sales tax and other fees seem pretty high, too.

Fascinating Alfa gives big discounts to doctors, lawyers, and other similar professions.

Any other European Stelvio owner's who would like to share their purchase experiences?

#3 ·
I bought mine from the showroom in Newcastle UK The dealer only had two cars.
I got a great deal on my Milano Edizione 280 BHP Petrol Trofeo white with the HK upgrade.

Saved over 6,500 on list price.

My Sales person Bryan Lee and dealer Richard Hardie where first class. I have now covered 3,400 with no issues and absolutely love my car.

#5 ·
I bought mine in the main FCA dealer in Lisbon.
It´s a 2.2 D Super 180hp AT8 blue Monte Carlo.
I got a fleet discount of around 12.000€. The price was around 61k€ and the final price was aroud 49k€.
You can check the photos attached. In the photos was yet in the dealer but reserved for me and the price comes down plus 5k€ as you can see on the front window to the price that i mention above. It tooks one week for the delivery after all the papers signed because of the assignment of the plate number.

Regards
Fernando

Attachments

#8 ·
Monte Carlo blue

Fernando,
Congratulations on your new Stelvio!
Looking at your Stelvio, I'm not thinking my replacement Stelvio in 3 years will be the same exterior - Monte Carlo blue. Looks very elegant.

#6 ·
In the US, the Stelvio's main competitors appear to be the Porsche Macan and the Audi Q / SQ 5, in terms of performance and size, however the Stelvio is many thousands of dollars less when comparably optioned.

For example, I paid right at US$50,000 for my TI Sport while my son paid $73,000 for his 2018 Audi SQ5, which, admittedly, has more technology, such as ApplePlay, 360 surround view and Audi's magnificent video screen, but otherwise the two cars are comparably equipped.

How do Stelvio prices in Europe compare with Audi and Porsche?

#9 ·
That is how they are promoting it, yet some informal polls on this board suggest that a large number of new Stelvio owners replaced their Range Rover Evoque for the Stelvio, myself included.

I also know a person here who is considering a Stelvio next year when his daily driver RR Evoque lease is up, after he saw my Ti Sport could keep up with him in his modified RX7 driving through windy backroads in Northern Connecticut on the way to a brewery tour. :)

#10 ·
A configuration, engine and equipment equivalent to my Stelvio price of 62,000 euros, a BMW X3, an Audi Q5 and a Mercedes GLC cost between 2,000 and 4,000 euros more expensive. A Porsche Macan was more expensive than 10.000 euros.

#12 ·
In november, I did get a Fleet Discount of 14%, at a dealership near Antwerp.
At that time the light pack was for free and also an extra 2000 euro to spend on options.
Cause its a company car,
sadly i could not go all the way with colours and trim,
it's my office, not a manscave.
dellivery is planned on 23 febr.

For me,
the main competitor to choose from the new Jaguar E-pace / VW passat high line / Volvo XC60-40.
This time I did choose for the driving experiance instead of all the gizmos that you never use.
For example, With my current car, i can go on the internet!! but i never used it, but did pay a lot for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.