Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
I just got my car back from Hochman Fabrication. Truly a beauty to my ears and eyes. Please check out a few photos, and Hochman fab, instagram account to hear a video. Some reason my computer would not allow me to load a movie. I will fill in later what was all done. He built my exhaust and intake system, sharing photos along the way and leaving the shop door open when he was there, to teach and show you what is being done. I will try to get it dyne within the next month and hopefully have a tune done shortly after that. This vehicle has so much potential. IMG_7786.jpeg IMG_7788.jpeg IMG_7816.jpeg
http://instagr.am/p/CRR4dCnnvQy/

·
Premium Member
2021 Stelvio QV
292 Posts
Why not just downpipes? The stock exhaust is not restrictive at all and the sound is virtually the same. The “loud” comes from either catless or hi flow dump pipes… looks super cool, but can’t help but feel like you could have gotten some RSE hi flow DP’s and been good. IdealRace also makes a CF air intake very similar

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was far from a regular cat-back. Ben, custom fabricated all of it, and if you think it sounds, near the same. This is not a mass product or a system that will be duplicated, since every piece is done from scratch. The exhaust went to 3” stainless steel Vs those OEM pinky finger pipes. The design was a tad busy OEM, which made the exhaust not perform as dreamy. The intakes are 3.5” tubes, with a K&N filter.
When we looked at the DP, it seem the space was really tight and since we were not using a commercially scaled product. We elected to pass and if the engine gets pulled for any reason, they will get done.
Now to the sound part. I believe like always no sounds, can be proven via FB/instagram/etc iPhone, etc…The sound is nothing near the sound you hear from a stock quad. i have not been around a fellow Alfa modder. I am in Chicago

·
Premium Member
2021 Stelvio QV
292 Posts
Here’s my QV with RSE Hi flow down pipes installed and the stock exhaust.

Also a pic of the engine bay since we are running the same open box design!

Very few of us modding Stelvio QV’s but I’m glad we are pioneering the path lol

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
And how much dyno time was spent tuning the airflow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts