Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a long time admirer of Alfa Romeo design and a Stelvio Ti Sport fits my needs (and wants) perfectly.

I am following the car's slow westbound travel from the east coast dealers. I am in Seattle and have considered flying to DC to buy one. Despite my generally low opinion of most car dealers, the ones near here have been quite frustrating and frankly a little embarrassing to work with -- come on down and let's make a deal today, yes the cars have CarPlay, yes my manager found one exactly the way you want it, bla bla bla. I am not buying a Chrysler (not that there is anything wrong with that -- to each her own). I am worried about the after-sale customer support and service. I wish Alfa Romeo had not associated themselves with the FCA dealers.

I wonder how others' experience has been with dealerships. Any recommendation?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm also wondering about this; after sale support.

While looking at a newly arrived Stelvio at a self declared under-staffed dealer, I was jostling to get answers from a rep answering phone calls and also accommodating a couple shopping a $17K stickered Fiat 500.

Drove back to back with a base and a Sport. For daily driving post new car infatuation, I'm not sure I would be using the paddle shifters and may prefer the 19" wheels in daily driving. (I don't drive a lot of twisty and hilly roads.)

·
Registered
67 Posts
PS: The sales rep wasn't familiar with AEB (Autonomous Emergency Braking) as a term, and said the car would warn of an imminent collision but would not apply the brakes to attempt to avoid one. He said the camera was only for stop and go cruise control. He was so certain, that I came home to search more about this.

It seems it does have AEB, which seems should apply the brakes. Anyone know?

It's a new car for the dealer, but the rep has been selling the Giulia.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Details about that seems to be all over the place on Alfa Romeo's US site.

The feature could be called Available Forward Collision Warning Plus, but there's two descriptions on the site:

-Forward Collision Warning is an alert system for the front of the vehicle which does not take any actions to change the vehicle dynamics to avoid a collision and is not a substitute for active driver involvement.
-Provides Autonomous Braking - can bring the Stelvio to a full stop when frontal collision may appear imminent. Forward Collision Warning includes Pedestrian Detection.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hopefully how we get the system isn't how its setup to be for life and is open to updates, much like what Tesla has been doing. At least then it could mean some slightly more advanced features down the line that we won't have to pay extra for. Always good when you get little perks like that long the way.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Details about that seems to be all over the place on Alfa Romeo's US site.

The feature could be called Available Forward Collision Warning Plus, but there's two descriptions on the site:

-Forward Collision Warning is an alert system for the front of the vehicle which does not take any actions to change the vehicle dynamics to avoid a collision and is not a substitute for active driver involvement.
-Provides Autonomous Braking - can bring the Stelvio to a full stop when frontal collision may appear imminent. Forward Collision Warning includes Pedestrian Detection.
Yup, exactly what I want to get clarification of. I'll reply back if/when I learn anything.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My experience with Alfa Romeo, Land Rover and BMW dealers has been really horrible the last few months.

How hard is it to know everything about Alfas when there are only three models: 4C; Giulia and Stelvio. The options are not that complicated. I took a test drive in a Stelvio today and the sales person had no idea what came in the various packages or what came standard.

A made a comment about the Porsche Macan and back seat legroom, and the sales person had no idea on anything about the Macan. You have to know your competition to sell against it.

Jeff

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's sadly quite common with automotive salespeople who are more used to pushing vehicles to general buyers who don't really do as much research beforehand as us. I can understand if they can't memorize every single feature difference in each trim, but if they don't know much aside from paint colors then they're not very good at their jobs.

The rare few salespeople who are car enthusiasts are like unicorns.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dang! Trying to get leasing info is a nightmare:

One dealer:
- "Only Ally bank finances"

Another dealer:
- Only US Bank finances. ( FCA nor "Chrysler will not lease an Alfa")

Yet another dealer:
- Money Factor and Residuals are "secret", we cannot discuss these.

A dealer, pretty good:
- Don't know the turn-in or disposition fee, because "the Alfa's haven't been on a lease long enough to be turned in yet.."

A bunch of bozo dealerships, less one, so far.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bet if you were to speak with the sales manager then it would be a different story since those guys often care more and don't try to brush you off as much, they have more of an incentive to help than lower level guys.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can't believe they're being so vague about pricing and residuals because those numbers are going to be public one way or another. Hopefully it'll be just as strong as the Giulia, or at least similar.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Can't believe they're being so vague about pricing and residuals because those numbers are going to be public one way or another. Hopefully it'll be just as strong as the Giulia, or at least similar.
Well they know for a fact that people understand getting in early on a product launch you will be paying more, when someone wants a product that bad its easy to charge them more and even upsell them on certain things. Its often the people who are open to other models that aren't as easily persuaded.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I tried looking for the Stelvio's residual and it seem like the information is not out yet. But Alfa did publish some numbers; asking for a 10% cap cost reduction, and leasing at 1%MSRP on a 36 month / 10k a year lease.

·
Registered
4 Posts
USAA offers a $1000 rebate if you are a member. Also from the build and price it looks like there is Stelvio Conquest Bonus Cash $750 &
Stelvio Lease Bonus Cash $1000

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stopped at a dealer yesterday curious about a lease. Salesman wouldn't give me any specifics on cap cost, etc and said he would get back to me in two days with the info. I pushed him and got numbers, all based off of MSRP. Looks like no Stelvio for me...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Stopped at a dealer yesterday curious about a lease. Salesman wouldn't give me any specifics on cap cost, etc and said he would get back to me in two days with the info. I pushed him and got numbers, all based off of MSRP. Looks like no Stelvio for me...
What were the numbers they gave you to turn you away?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What were the numbers they gave you to turn you away?
Was just the fact that i the end he wouldn't disclose any info other than the final payment. Wouldn't elaborate on the cost, rates, residual, etc. Also said the $399 advertised price isn't realistic as that is a completely stripped down model not including any of the fees and tax. Said the Gulia numbers were better right now but again, wouldn't disclose any info.

Stopped by a different dealer today who immediately said they discount off of MSRP. Also agreed that the $399 lease isn't real....

·
Registered
8 Posts
From a friend that works for FCA

Awd sport or regular, lease factor is .00091 for 36 and 39 months
Ti sport and regular .00086

Residual 50/52/54% for 15/12/10k miles a year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts