Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looking for information on getting a refund for my extended warranty. Website, email address or phone number. It is an Alfa Care warranty.
You have to go through your sales documents to identify who you purchased it through at the time. Even still it is done through the dealer you purchased it through. Tell the finance department and they will have you come in and sign a cancelation document. It requires them to document your mileage at the time because the amount is prorated. If financed the money will come off the principle of the loan not directly to you.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
297 Posts
I posted this in a similar thread:

CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are the original purchaser of the plan, and coverage under the plan has not expired or been terminated, you may cancel if you have not authorized transfer of plan coverage to a new owner. To cancel the plan, you may take your plan to any dealer. The dealer will contact us to request termination of your contract. If your vehicle is repossessed or rendered a total loss, and your plan was financed with your vehicle, your rights under this plan transfer to the lienholder.The lienholder is then responsible for requesting termination of the plan through the dealer where the plan was purchased. If the plan was not financed, any refund due will be paid to you by check in your name from FCA US LLC.
If there is no dealer in your area, mail your cancellation request, along with your plan provision, proof of payoff and current mileage on the vehicle to:
Mopar® Vehicle Protection
Cancelation Department
P.O. Box 2700
Troy, MI 48007-2700

On cancellation requests received* within the first 60 days from the original purchase date ofthe plan, you will be refunded the full amount you paid for the plan, provided no claims have been paid against the plan. In the event claims have been paid, or requests received* after 60 days, your refund will be based on the full amount you paid for the plan, less a pro-rata adjustment for time or mileage used, whichever is greater, less a $75 cancellation fee. We reserve the right to cancel the plan after issuance should it be discovered that: (a) the vehicle is ineligible or has been modified/altered to make it ineligible after plan coverage has been in effect; (b) failure of the customer to maintain the vehicle as prescribed by the manufacturer; (c) the odometer has been tampered with or has not been repaired by the customer; (d) non-payment of premium or (e) the vehicle is registered outside of the of the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico. Your refund will be based on the full amount you paid for the plan, less a pro-rata adjustment for the time or mileage used, whichever is greater, less claims paid.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I posted this in a similar thread:

CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are the original purchaser of the plan, and coverage under the plan has not expired or been terminated, you may cancel if you have not authorized transfer of plan coverage to a new owner. To cancel the plan, you may take your plan to any dealer. The dealer will contact us to request termination of your contract. If your vehicle is repossessed or rendered a total loss, and your plan was financed with your vehicle, your rights under this plan transfer to the lienholder.The lienholder is then responsible for requesting termination of the plan through the dealer where the plan was purchased. If the plan was not financed, any refund due will be paid to you by check in your name from FCA US LLC.
If there is no dealer in your area, mail your cancellation request, along with your plan provision, proof of payoff and current mileage on the vehicle to:
Mopar® Vehicle Protection
Cancelation Department
P.O. Box 2700
Troy, MI 48007-2700

On cancellation requests received* within the first 60 days from the original purchase date ofthe plan, you will be refunded the full amount you paid for the plan, provided no claims have been paid against the plan. In the event claims have been paid, or requests received* after 60 days, your refund will be based on the full amount you paid for the plan, less a pro-rata adjustment for time or mileage used, whichever is greater, less a $75 cancellation fee. We reserve the right to cancel the plan after issuance should it be discovered that: (a) the vehicle is ineligible or has been modified/altered to make it ineligible after plan coverage has been in effect; (b) failure of the customer to maintain the vehicle as prescribed by the manufacturer; (c) the odometer has been tampered with or has not been repaired by the customer; (d) non-payment of premium or (e) the vehicle is registered outside of the of the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico. Your refund will be based on the full amount you paid for the plan, less a pro-rata adjustment for the time or mileage used, whichever is greater, less claims paid.
The information you have posted is correct.

Here is my experience. Because there is no dealer in my area I had to buy my warranty online from chryslerwarrantys.com (yes the site is intentionally spelled warrantys not warranties, not sure why). When I never heard back from the cancellation people, (Mopar/FCA), I called and the lady I spoke with told me that the fax I sent was not acceptable because the request was typed not hand written. I re-submitted my scanned hand written cancellation request via e-mail this time. She emailed me back confirming receipt of the email. I am still waiting on my check, but when I recently called to inquire about it, they told me that it is being processed and I should receive sometimes in December. Below is a copy from her email to me. The email she asked me to send it to is:
Greetings
Documents needed in order to proceed with your cancellation request
1) Proof of Payoff if applicable
2) Odometer Statement
3) A brief handwritten letter explaining cancellation reason include vin number, current miles and signature.
Cancellation process is up to 120 business days from the date Mopar receives your cancellation documents.
Please reply directly to email with above documents
Thank you
If I may add something here. For the last three months I could beat myself for letting go of my Stelvio. I am really really reaaaaally regretting doing it. My advise is, if your are not having any issues with your Stelvio, keep it. I don't want to bad mouth the brand that I replaced my Stelvio with. I am going to just say this, it is like replacing a Zebra ( so that I don't say a bullet speed) with a turtle.

Cheers And Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Marwan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts