Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
16 Posts
I'm glad to see people have successfully installed the factory hitch on QVs - even though at least initially Alfa said it couldn't be done.

FYI here are some pictures of the hitch which clearly show the mounting points.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
people may not need the module at this point - one was ordered for mine but turned out to be unnecessary and was returned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys.
To clear it out. When you talk about factory hitch. Do you mean its been provided or manufactured by or from Alfa, or do you just mean, its not custom made by some garage?
I know, there a big differences also between the US and Europe concerning certification of attachment parts, like a hitch or lights, wheels or all the customizing parts.
In germany, we have the "amazing" TÜV which makes our life miserable, when you try to change something on your car which has not been specially certified for this particular type of car.
Therefore i am pretty sure, that it is easier to produce something like a hitch in the US and just mount it under the car.
It would be nice to see a picture of the exhaust area where the hitch is mounted and bolted on the car.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok. Thank you.
As I said, i was just wondering if you in the US have a hitch which is labeled especially for the Quadrifoglio. But the picture just shows me the one for the normal Stelvio which we can also have in germany.
As far as I know and also according the german speaking forums there is not a single user who ever tried to install the normal hitch under a quadrifoglio.
This maybe also comes with the fact, that you are not allowed to do this, if the hitch is not especially approved for the Quadrifoglio. According your paper its only approved for the Base and Super. To have it approved, you have to go to the TÜV and pay quiet an amount of money to them to have it checked by engineers and to put their stamps.
But. if this fits without problems, I could give it a try as well and maybe invest the money.

Thank you.
peter

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
'As far as I know and also according the german speaking forums there is not a single user who ever tried to install the normal hitch under a quadrifoglio."

you are reading this thread ....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had the factory hitch installed on my quad as well. First time the dealer (Helfman in Houston) had installed it on a Quad. It took them about 6 hours (they needed to remove both the bumper cover to install the hitch brace in place of the existing rear brace and the interior panels in the trunk area also needed to be removed to access the wiring harnesses). Quoted me 4 hours for labor and didn't charge for the extra work. Very happy with the install. It's super clean without the ball installed, hardly even notice it.
IMG_9098.jpg IMG_9095.jpg IMG_9094.jpg

·
Registered
509 Posts
I just had the factory hitch installed on my quad as well. First time the dealer (Helfman in Houston) had installed it on a Quad. It took them about 6 hours (they needed to remove both the bumper cover to install the hitch brace in place of the existing rear brace and the interior panels in the trunk area also needed to be removed to access the wiring harnesses). Quoted me 4 hours for labor and didn't charge for the extra work. Very happy with the install. It's super clean without the ball installed, hardly even notice it.
View attachment 19381 View attachment 19382 View attachment 19383
Just an fyi but i think they put the ball on the wrong side of the ball mount...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Qv is not homologated for towing in Europe. Towing capacity stated in car documentation is zero. It would not be legal to install the tow bar. You may also invalidate your insurance.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts